We Get It

djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:36 am
Romney's got a tax plan

oh look the button moves all over the screen

hilarity ensues

but do we really need more than one thread about it

one of the reasons i rarely go to facebook is precisely this kind of crap that sweeps the internet

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:44 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
people start new threads all the time without looking to see if someone beat them to the punch -- always have, always will...
djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:52 am
@Region Philbis,
true, but a simple search wouldn't hurt

DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:48 am
@djjd62,
Can you please show me the simple search feature?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:51 am
@djjd62,
It'll be gone soon. Then there will be duplicate threads on some other topic.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:03 am
@djjd62,
Quote:

Honestly, djjd, sometimes that is exactly what is needed.

Not sure what bothers you about lots of people wanting to discuss something...and wanting to start a new thread to do so, but often a new thread develops new lines of reasoning and insights.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 08:20 pm
@djjd62,
This thread is wonderfully ironic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 08:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Got to agree with Frank.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 08:41 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

A ******* men

Cycloptichron
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:42 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

sometimes i find out about a death (actor, author, politician,etc) a few days after it happens, if i want to start a thread, i first hit search in the upper right hand corner and punch in his name,if nothing comes up in the first page of results i'm pretty sure it's a new topic
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Not sure what bothers you about lots of people wanting to discuss something...

i have no problem with discussions, it's endless, hacky internet memes i loathe
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:51 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5138628)
Frank Apisa wrote:
Not sure what bothers you about lots of people wanting to discuss something...

Quote:
i have no problem with discussions, it's endless, hacky internet memes i loathe

Okay, I guess we can discuss that instead. So...djjd, why do you "loathe" "endless, hacky Internet memes?"

(If this topic is an endless, hacky, Intenet meme, by the way, please feel free to simply ignore it.)
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
because they are endless and hacky, why does anyone like or loathe anything, personal opinion i guess

i'm sure i enjoy things that would make folks shake their heads
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:11 am
@djjd62,
I feel the same way about this tripe. I have pretty well given up on political threads, other than to go in and tell some yokel they're an idiot. There will never be just one thread, there will always be two or three or more. Same for celebrity news, and a few other choice idiocies. The most incredible thing about them is how long they last. That's the "last word" disease, i guess.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:17 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
if i want to start a thread, i first hit search in the upper right hand corner and punch in his name,
if nothing comes up in the first page of results i'm pretty sure it's a new topic
you can also do a tag search for that name...
dlowan

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:17 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

because they are endless and hacky, why does anyone like or loathe anything, personal opinion i guess

i'm sure i enjoy things that would make folks shake their heads

Kindly expand.
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:44 am
@dlowan,
i love two shows on Satellite radio, Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez, the former is commonly referred to as "Shock Jock" (a term i hate) radio, the latter is a weird combination of theater of the mind and interview show (Ron Bennington is the best interviewer on radio, hands down),some of their previous discussion topics have included, how many 5 years old could you beat up, and what size (population) small town could you kill in one night

i also love Coast to Coast AM, a talk/call in show that focuses on the weird (paranormal, the illuminati, alternate histories (ie, were there advananced civilizations here millions of years ago)), i treat it sort of like a sci fi drama show

as for tv i like Brit dramas, mysteries and some comedies, watch almost no American or Canadian tv (not even Heartland)

recently found a place to get A Country Practice episodes, coming up on the death of Molly (better get the tissues Crying or Very sad )

as for books i'm unapologetic about my love for cheesy sci fi fantasy and horror, with the odd factual history and humourous Brit novel (Cold Comfort farm, Wodehouse, Miss Read)
dlowan

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:47 am
@djjd62,
Very interesting!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:48 am
@Region Philbis,
That’s what I usually do. Tag search, especially when it’s a famous obit. I almost started a thread about teenage drinking but tag searched it first and posted in an older thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 06:11 am
@djjd62,
I am familiar with Wodehouse (i've enjoyed his golf stories, even though i'm not a golfer), but i am not familiar with Cold Comfort farm. What's the scoop?