Am I being Insecteous? Please HELP!

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:02 pm
I've spent the last 30 minutes watching my ant carry a piece of fig newton across the patio.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,679 • Replies: 24
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:09 pm
@chai2,
You could be.

Last night we went out to dinner and left the porch light on, big mistake here in Florida. It attracts all the insects and the minute we opened the front door they flew inside. I had to get the vacuum out and suck them all up.
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:13 pm
@jcboy,
You sucked them all?

Tell me more.

Did any of them get caught in your teeth?
jcboy

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:18 pm
@chai2,
Hahaha, I sicked the dyson on them! about ten flew inside and around the ceiling lighting. Those dysons can suck real good! Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:28 pm
Avoid ants in your panties. That could be a problem.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:33 pm
I regularly drink Raid. No bugs mess with me.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
the green hornet.

now that was a bug...
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 01:36 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
I've spent the last 30 minutes watching my ant carry a piece of fig newton across the patio.

The ant has good taste. And is an accomplished opportunist. How often is an ant lucky enough to find a piece of Fig Newton on a patio?

And you must be a sloppy eater if evidence of your munching is left on your patio.
Quote:
Please HELP!

1. Chew with your mouth closed.
2. Don't speak with your mouth full.

And, for those dull moments, when there are no ants to watch, consider some Fig Newton trivia:
Quote:
Charles M. Roser was a cookie maker born in Ohio. He won fame for creating the Fig Newton recipe before selling it to the Kennedy Biscuit Works (later called Nabisco).
A Fig Newton is a soft cookie filled with fig jam. A machine invented in 1891 made the mass production of Fig Newtons possible. James Henry Mitchell invented a machine which worked like a funnel within a funnel; the inside funnel supplied jam, while the outside funnel pumped out the dough, this produced an endless length of filled cookie, that was then cut into smaller pieces. The Kennedy Biscuit Works used Mitchell's invention to mass-produce the first Fig Newton Cookies in 1891.

Originally, the Fig Newton was just called the Newton. There is an old rumor that James Henry Mitchell, the funnel machine's inventor, named the cookies after that great physicist, Sir Isaac Newton, but that was just a rumor. The cookies were named after the Massachusetts town of Newton, which was close to Kennedy Biscuits. Kennedy Biscuits had a tradition of naming cookies and crackers after the surrounding towns near Boston. The name changed from Newton to Fig Newton, after the original fig jam inside the cookie gained good reviews. Later the name changed to Fig Newton Cookies.
http://inventors.about.com/od/fstartinventions/a/Fig_Newton.htm

Did you know that National Fig Newton Day is a food holiday that occurs annually on January 16. It is observed in the United States. The observance is dedicated to the Fig Newton cookie.

This commercial was released in the 1970's to advertise the Fig Newton, a Nabisco brand cookie. It features a man dressed up in a fig costume singing a song about the "Big Fig Newton." Also during the commercial, the Fig character does a dance that includes what the character calls a "tricky" dance maneuver.

BTW, I also personally recommend the new mixed berry Newtons--quite good.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 01:50 pm
firefly, I don't know where he got that fig newton from. He just had it.

He must have been coming from the store, is what I think.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 02:20 pm
@chai2,
Why I find interesting is that you say 'My ant,' not an ant. How long have you had him? Does he get on with the other ants? Ants can be quite racist.
Wally Tea

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 02:29 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

My fault, Chai. Sorry. I was eating fig newtons on the patio.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 02:40 pm
@Wally Tea,
I'm faintly remember a cartoon I copied, involving a nude and ants. It might have been a cartoon, or a Dali, or a cartoon about Dali. Sad when the mind goes like this.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 04:17 pm
@chai2,
I hope this wan't one of those ants suffering from NIP {aka Newtons In Panties}--an overwhelming compulsion to carry pieces of Newtons between the undies of close relatives, like brothers and sisters, first cousins, etc. in an attempt to foster insecteous relationships.

I find all these A2K threads about insect pervs so tedious and redundant. Next we'll probably be treated to the secret sexual doings that go on in the Roach Motel, and the unspeakable acts witnessed by the bedbugs between the sheets.

Does this thread carry a NSFW tag yet?

wandeljw

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 04:20 pm
@firefly,
It should have an NSFW tag. There are several fetishes involving insects.
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 04:23 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
It should have an NSFW tag. There are several fetishes involving insects.

Do you think chai is trying to tell us something?
wandeljw

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 04:25 pm
@firefly,
I am pretty sure Wally will talk her out of it.
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 04:47 pm
@wandeljw,
The whole issue is making me feel antsy.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 05:16 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Why I find interesting is that you say 'My ant,' not an ant. How long have you had him? Does he get on with the other ants? Ants can be quite racist.

My ant....My aunt.

Incestuous....Insecteous
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 05:20 pm
@Wally Tea,
Wally Tea wrote:

chai2 wrote:

My fault, Chai. Sorry. I was eating fig newtons on the patio.

Well then you should be quite regular in the morning. Good thing, you've been quite grumpy lately and I was going to suggest a purgative.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 05:21 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Incestuous....Insecteous

Insects...Insex