Laptop plug stopped working! Help!

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 06:02 pm
Hi, My Toshiba Laptop plug/cord doesn't seem to work anymore. The battery itself is fine as I still have a charge left, but now when I plug my laptop into the wall it wont charge the battery or keep the computer on without a battery. A light usually comes on when I plug my laptop into the wall, but it doesn't come on anymore. I tried several outlets to make sure, to no avail. Just wondering if theres an easy fix for this, thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,034 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 06:59 pm
@IronMan2007,
I hate to be the first one to say this but you may need a new cord. It happens. However, before you rush down to the local Staple's or Office Max, you might double check to make sure all your connections are tight as can be.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 07:52 pm
@IronMan2007,
The best case is if the plug/cord stopped working. First, get a voltmeter, plug in the cord and check to see if you get a DC voltage on the plug that goes into the computer. If that has DC power, then the problem is inside your laptop. If you don't have power, disconnect the plug from the transformer and see if you have an AC voltage on the plug. You can keep walking back until you find the portion of the wiring that is bad.

My first bet is that the problem is internal to the laptop. Those parts are much more sensitive than the cord. Second bet is the plug that goes into the computer, third is the transformer, but that is unlikely.
0 Replies