Question about Video Screen Inverter

ayrc27

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:35 am
Hi everyone
I have a question. The screen of my laptop broke down so I bought a new screen to replace it. The problem is that it looks extremely dark. The model is the screen is B156XTN02.2. I have solved this problem in the past by replacing the Video Screen Inverter. However, this model does not appear to have one. My question is, do you think that it might be included internally in the main-board? How does the back lamp gets ignited?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,001 • Replies: 2
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 12:53 pm
@ayrc27,
If you state the make and model of the laptop, somebody might kindly Google for the necessary information. Or you could just search for the service manual or stockists of spares, and maybe owners forums.

0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 01:06 pm
@ayrc27,
I believe all screens use inverters to power the cfls or leds. They don't have to be separate boards but can also be found on the power supply boards in some screens. Which means they could be included on a main board in your computer but it's not likely they are on the motherboard. The best way to tell is trace the wires for the screen lights back to the board they attach to.

How old is your laptop?

The forums on badcaps.net can give you advice for repair.
They also give general troubleshooting advice
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/
0 Replies