How to get crosscut

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 04:42 pm

in excel, it's called strikethrough...
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 04:53 pm
@engineer,
I made the tag up, there's really no single BBCode standard (I don't think any forum software has agreed to use that site as a standard, for example, I think it's just info collected from around the internet).

I think we are going to switch to markdown in the next overhaul. Either that or just plain html (subset of it).
engineer

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 05:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I can't trust a site called bbcode.org? Next you're going to tell me I can't trust Wikipedia!
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 07:03 pm
@engineer,
Nah, I am one of Wikipedia's biggest fans. But they have their own kind of markup too (no real standard for wiki markup either).
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 07:03 pm
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:05 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I don't recall where I first saw it; I only know of it because I've seen someone else use it.
Well nonetheless thank you Dad most kindly, it's not every thread that actually leaves a useful deposit

Now you might ruminate on some easy means to access the code without having to spell it out every time

In Mac I know it can be can done, I used to know how, but at 81 with incipient Alz's……..
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:25 am
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks Bob for your input. For the benefit on one ancient participant, if it's no trouble I wonder if you'd mind defining a term or two

Quote:
I made the tag up,
Which tag is that, and precisely what's a tag; for instance is it a kind of link

If the strikeout link or code is one such tag, then yes, thanks immeasurably and I'm impressed that it could pop into your head out of nowhere

Quote:
there's really no single BBCode standard
While I realize that the editing links above this posting window qualify, exactly what is a BB code (is it for instance a tag or another kind of link), and what does "BB " stand for

Quote:
I think we are going to switch to markdown
By "we" do you imply you're in a position to alter a2k software (and if so I have some suggestions!) and what's a "markdown"

(I know however what a "markup" is. So is a markdown the reduction in the price of a packaged routine)

Quote:
Either that or just plain html (subset of it)
Yes I can OneLook "html,"

a set of tags and rules (conforming to SGML) for using them in developing hypertext documents

…...but that doesn't help much because now I have to look up "SGML" and "hypertext," ad infinitum so anything you can add for the benefit of the Average Clod (me) is sorely appreciated

Quote:
Either that or just plain html (subset of it).
What makes a "plain" html different from a "fancy" one

Thank you for your patience in tolerating my digital ignorance
DrewDad

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 12:33 pm
@dalehileman,
One sip from the fountain of knowledge, and suddenly you want to drink from a fire hose....

At the risk of mixing an allusion with a metaphor: Peeking behind the curtain is one thing; asking for a demonstration of all the levers and buttons is something completely different.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 01:27 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
One sip from the fountain of knowledge, and suddenly you want to drink from a fire hose....
Yes it's an awful habit

Quote:
…...metaphor: Peeking behind the curtain is one thing; asking for a demonstration…...completely different.
Well put Dad. One of my objections to the everyday news story is the lack of background where the writer apparently assumes you know everything else that he does

Yesterday a bout dusk when Arin Freebits attempted to nudge a can out of his path, he fell forward on his face, breaking two ribs and his nose. Taken to Brougher Memorial in Tuscon,……

It would have been well to reveal the reason he fell, that he has only one leg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 01:50 pm
hmmm

Where can I use this?

Joe(No clue whatsoever.)Nation
dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 02:51 pm
@Joe Nation,
My father 's name is Tekeste Aregay & he lives in Saudi Riyadh but i don't have his phone number.My father He lived in Sudan before 23 years with my mama that hecameingtosaudi ArabiaRiyadh so whowas knows my father's address andhimso help meany body to me
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 02:54 pm
@Joe Nation,

"i'm voting for obama... no, wait... romney... hmmmm, on second thought..."
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 03:21 pm
@dalehileman,
Sorry but a2k's worst habit is withdrawing edit capability after only 15 minutes. That last crosscut s/b

23 years with my mama that he came ing to saudi Arabia before Riyadh so who was knows my father's address; and him so help me anybody to

….and that last "crosscut" s/b "crossout"

Damn that autocorrect that I can't seem to turn off
0 Replies