Protest for prostitution rights in IL

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:28 am
Hi
Last year during the summer protest a lot of movements in Israel were exciting because they could go public with their struggle for recognition by the public and by the government – I notice the absence of prostitute's group's that fighting for their rights form these protests.
Any thought why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,564 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 06:43 am
@orlandob,
'Cause they were (a) dodging suicide bombers, (b) dodging the ultraorthodox and/or (c) it's not an issue there?
orlandob

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 07:47 am
@jespah,
Hi
Thanks for your thoughts
Since the IL government build the wall no one dodging suicide bombers, only rockets on large gathering – which happens anyways
Ultraorthodox only strike on specific neighborhood and not in Tel Aviv
About C I totally agree but I'm thinking on how to make it an issue and how and why they missed this golden opportunity to strike?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 08:50 am
There was a protest for prostitution rights in Illinois and I wasn't informed? I am vexed.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 08:54 am
@orlandob,
AS far as I understand, we don't have a very large Israeli membership here so Israeli national culture and politics are hardly if ever talked about beyond the Palestinian question.

As for prostitution rights and protests regarding such needs? There still is a great deal of moral and ethical ambiguity regarding the legalization of the institution that many people (including myself can't get their heads around in order to support or discuss without prejudice).
0 Replies