How to Switch My Pool to Salt Water?

Wed 3 Oct, 2012 11:47 pm
Hi Friends,

Swimming is an activity many people enjoy, although the sting of chlorine can be too much for those with sensitive skin. Chemically-produced chlorine prevents bacterial overgrowth in your pool, but it is not the only way to keep your water clear and fresh. So, I want to switch my pool to salt water, which will help for pool safe and clean.

Thanks with Regards,
Harry Potterish

jespah

Thu 4 Oct, 2012 06:26 am
@Harry Potterish,
You have clearly never seen an ocean before, if you think they are clean, sanitary, and bacteria- and algae-free.
Linkat

Thu 4 Oct, 2012 06:46 am
@Harry Potterish,
If I were to install a pool, I agree I would have a salt water pool - these are getting more and more popular. I had done a little research on these previously - since have decided not to install a pool. If you are really interested, contact any pool company, they should be able to help you.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 4 Oct, 2012 08:04 am
@jespah,
Saltwater pools still use chlorine; they just use chlorine that the system disassociates from the sodium in a salt molecule.

But I don't quite get how traditional chlorine promotes the growth of algae, either.

Both systems provide protection against algae, but buying supplies from a pool supply place is very expensive.

You can buy the exact same chemicals from a grocery store (in a different concentration) for a lot less.

The biggest problem I've seen with home pools is that people keep adding the chlorine pellets that have the stabilizer included. The stabilizer builds up, and the chlorine eventually evaporates. You end up with way too much stabilizer, and the pool isn't as enjoyable.
0 Replies

paulsmith544

Sun 23 Dec, 2012 11:25 pm
@Harry Potterish,
I think you should contact any pool company they will tell you more detailed information . about it and tell you if it`s good or bad.
0 Replies

arturoi

Thu 3 Jan, 2013 08:11 pm
@Harry Potterish,
bacteria- and algae these are the common things in salt water, so don't worry..
0 Replies