My first iPad painting: Jazzgasm

dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 03:38 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Would be interested to see your synaesthesia attempt. I used to see music as tendrils of colour.....(and some people had distinct colours).....I can imagine drawing it in abstract, but not intermixing with a group of people at a performance.

Looking at photo in higher res is interesting.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 09:08 am
@dlowan,
I might try it again sometime but honestly I rushed the end of this one because it had started to get boring to me and I haven't drawn since so it will likely need to be a new idea that gets me inspired enough to get back to the drawing board.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 03:50 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I've been looking at your iPad painting and the photo off and on since you posted them. I like both for the strength of the movement in the whole of each. If anything, I find the movement stronger in your painting, possibly because it's rougher hewn, and possibly for the contribution of the color as a pull.

Movement plus tension.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 08:19 am
Robert, I love the guy on his back playing the saxophone.
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 11:58 am
@Letty,
Thanks! All the good about it comes from the picture though, it is a fantastic shot.
0 Replies