Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:13 am
Is it just me or is anyone else getting bored by these new posters over the past few weeks, greeting themselves, and just fodders up the new thread section
Wouldn't it be better for the moderator, Robert as I've been hearing, to make a thread called "meet and greet" and direct all the newcomers to that thread to introduce themselves for the first time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 682 • Replies: 8

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:21 am
@aspvenom,
Why don't you make that thread?
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:28 am
@aspvenom,
The problem is that just because a thread is made doesn't mean that these new alleged members would actually use it.

AS far as I know. a2k hasn't used or even have the capacity for stickying this intro thread to the top of the forum. Besides, you're missing the point. Most of these new members are here to spam the site. I guess if you round up these lot into a single thread, it's easier to keep track of them and have the list to refer to in regards to multiple variations of the similar named spammers.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:30 am
@Ticomaya,
I'm not the moderator, I'd be stepping over my line.
Another reason is that the moderator can change the code of this forum so that as soon as a new person registers to this forum, a message would come up in their main page saying something along the line of:

Quote:
Hello __insert name here__,

Waiting for an opportunity to post in the forums? Why not make your first post today by saying "hello"
in our Meet and Greet thread. Drop on in and say "Hi!"

And the Meet and Greet in blue would be the link that just leads to the thread "Meet and Greet"
djjd62

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:33 am
@aspvenom,
aspvenom wrote:

Quote:
Hello __insert name here__,

Waiting for an opportunity to post in the forums? Why not make your first post today by saying "hello"
in our Meet and Greet thread. Drop on in and say "Hi!"

And the Meet and Greet in blue would just lead to the link of the thread.

the link doesn't work Razz
aspvenom

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
@djjd62,
LOL It was posted just as an example...

"would be"
not
"is"
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:37 am
why does anyone care about these threads folks are creating, i just ignore them, like i do 95% of the threads here
aspvenom

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:41 am
@djjd62,
Just an idea. It'd make new people welcomed, and save the average users the trouble of manually filtering through the topics.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:55 am
I try to ignore the newbie threads, same post just different names. I log in very early in the morning, sometimes 4am that’s when I find the spam threads where someone post a link trying to sell their products, I report all of them and it sure doesn’t take long before the mods remove them. I'm notified via email as to the status of my report.

I find it rude that they come here trying to get free advertising at the expense of someone else.
0 Replies