Very Small Life Pleasures

Roberta

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:54 pm
@Joe Nation,
Thanks all for your pleasures.

Hey, Joe. I got a red X (hate dem) where your message should be. What did you say?

I woke up thinking it was Saturday. Nope, Friday. Gained a day. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:56 pm
@roger,
finding out that the store dropped all charges
Rockhead

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 06:06 pm
@farmerman,
finding out that the police dropped all charges...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 06:15 pm
@roger,
Great!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:49 pm
Notice how the smallest pleasures are often the grandest.
cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 11:21 pm
@JLNobody,
JLN, How come every time you speak, there's an echo? Mr. Green
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 03:48 am
Often in the evenings, the little dog girl will come to me with a smile on her face. She's almost blind and stumbles or bumps into things all the time. She has other problems with her eyes, and her hearing is going. Her sniffer no longer works well; if you give her a treat, you have to hold it under her nose so that she knows it's there. She's gaunt from weight loss. Most humans as elderly and infirm would spend all day complaining.

But she just wants to tell me life is good. So i rub her ears and tell her she's a good girl.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 04:09 am
@Setanta,
Little Missy, Pomeranian will be 17 in December.

If I may ? This little girl had a stroke so she doesn't come to me with a smile on her face but when I pick her up, she kisses me.. She is almost blind and she stumbles or bumps into things and gets confused and "yelps" for me. She has cateracts on her eyes so sees what she can.. I am not sure about the hearing. She can smell her food but has dimentia, wonders off only to find her food again. She refuses to drink water, afraid to fall in it, so her food is mixed with water to get her through.. God help me in summer, will it be enough?

She love treats but she is on a liver diet and then I think, you are almost 17, had a stroke, need something you are not allowed to have, have it.

I washed her as she weed in her bed.. She shivered so much I cried. I toweled her , rubbed her and stayed with her till she stopped shivering, felt so bad but she can't have wee on her? Then covered her 10 fold to be warm, she fell asleep.

She is bones.... I try to brush her but shirt, she's old.. She doesn't want it. I respect that.

She also wants to say to me, she loves me, she's alive, lift the food bowl to me, don't worry, I can still walk in circles and do the things I need to even if it's 5am in the morning and you have to wash my feet because I did my circles and stepped in it, sorry that's so early but I know you love me, me you.

She's a beautiful girl.

Set, I guess. We have almost the same breed, age..

What a legend your little girl is... mine too...

Love keeps them alive and with that, I'll stuff off.

Thank you for making me think of my little MISS
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 04:25 am
There is nothing i do for her which is not worth the effort. It's little enough to do, especially for a little girl who always comes sunny side up.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 29 Sep, 2012 04:38 am
@Setanta,
I know this is slightly off track..

I feel the same. Breaks my heart that she walks in circles and EhBeth may recall, we introduced due to her puppy pads. But, she trys so hard to do her bit, not on the mat, which I put down cause tiles are cold. She cries when I wash her feet after she does her circles sometime in the morning before my 6am wake to check..And walks on it...

I agree, don't have a pet, if you can't give your all... She still kisses me, I don't care what I have to do to make her comfortable.

Anyways, enough.........small life pleasures... our little ones. Dread the day Set when I say, she's gone.

What I hope? Is that it's in her sleep.. Bless her.

0 Replies

Roberta

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 03:49 am
Set and Found Soul, I understand how you both feel. But for the life of me I can't see your pets or your feelings as small. The pets may be small on a size scale but not on an importance scale.

Missing my pets.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 04:25 am
@Roberta,
Smile

Thanks Roberta.. It was a "moment" last night.. Sheez I have a Husky as well.. I know, you are right, they are like our kids only without asking us for rebox shoes or computers, just pure, pure love.

I may start a thread about all those that crossed my path, not here though, too many and too many tragedies before my eyes..

On a good note? I noted tonight.. Little Miss, started walking around in the lounge, having put her to bed before her bed so to speak. She landed at the legs of the Husky, (last time was when she had a stroke and got Kia to hold her up), she sat there looking at her, her at me... I took a photo.. It made my day... She knew she was safe...

Anyways...............................

Sorry for the loss of yours.

0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 04:52 am
I mentioned a crescent moon setting a few weeks ago. This morning, a full moon was setting, and bright enough to show through a bank of clouds on the horizon, while the approaching dawn was giving just a slight pink tinge to the clouds in the sky. Living in a city, i never get to see the stars, so this sort of thing is always a please to me.
Joe Nation

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 05:32 am
~~Small pleasure~~ The first sip of coffee if it's right.

Joe(almost therapeutic)Nation
chai2

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 07:26 am
@Joe Nation,
Heh, I was just taking that sip when I read that Joe.

chai(and it was right)tea
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 07:30 am
found soul, set, roberta....been there with my pets.

you do everything you can, that's all. you just do everything you can.
0 Replies

RST

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 07:44 am
@Setanta,
Did you have a chance to see the "blue moon" August 31st of this year. I did, and it was one of life's, or should I say nature's, delights.

Only happens around every two years, so glad I didn't miss it.
aspvenom

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 07:54 am
@RST,
You're right to put it in parenthesis. It ain't blue at all. After media's hype about it, I did make an effort to see it and it was pretty bright and clear but not blue. I guess seeing two full moons on a given month could be seen as "exciting."
aspvenom

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 08:19 am
@aspvenom,
oops I meant quotation marks...
Roberta

Sun 30 Sep, 2012 05:22 pm
@aspvenom,
Set, The night sky. A small pleasure if you've got it. A big one when I see a star. When I visit friends in the suburbs, they have to wait for me before I get in the car to be driven home. Hey, I gotta look at the sky.

Joe, Not a coffee drinker, but I've seen the satisfaction in many others. The first sip. Aaaaaah.

Hey aspvenom, Glad you fixed that.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 12:23:14