How come new members are only men?

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:08 pm
@roger,
I once posited that they were chinese students just experiencing going online in some kind of class or for some assignment. I still like that explanation, as they, for the most part, don't seem to be spamming. They hardly ever respond.
In contrast to many, I don't think it is just one person.

Man, I miss J_B.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Roger and ehBeth, a2k sleuths extraordinaire!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:12 pm
@Setanta,
Nods.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:13 pm
@roger,
You sure do have a good memory! Congrats. I've forgotten most stuff about Abuzz and early a2k years.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:16 pm
@roger,
Snort - where was it, Abuzz? - when I posted a stupid question as my first post (ever online) and you were curt to me? Memory fails, but we survived as pals.
I remembered the question for a while, but it's now lost in space.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:18 pm
@ossobuco,
I've just looked at it: I even have stored some email addresses marked "Abuzz" ... Surprised
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Really???

Tell me, tell me!!

How stupid was I? (I'm really laughing here. It seems a long time ago, but also a short time ago.)

I do remember that I thought at some length that my first question was about corgi dogs - but that I found out I was wrong, it wasn't the first.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:28 pm
@ossobuco,
There's e.g. 'c.d', 'kaysa', 'caramel', 'kitchenpete', 'mustang', 'princessash' ....
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 02:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I remember the last three best. I was only at abuzz part of a year, and then dealt with the horribleness of internet confusion, thus not getting on to the site during a bad time for many and for me personally.

Ah, well. Roger stood out as a person who answered!

An old abuzzer I miss is Vincent.
roger

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 04:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I sometimes wonder about cd and her cat, Mabel. She stayed with us through ravensrealm, but didn't follow over to a2k.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 08:15 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Yes - I am targeting men - there appears to be only one dumb woman that is spamming.

Typical men. Thinking us women are too dumb not to realize they using real fake names...

And what are they spamming - spam and eggs, perhaps?

What if it's a women creating all these male usernames due to penis envy as theorized by Freud?

Don't hold me to it, I think Freud was bat **** crazy.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 08:18 pm
@aspvenom,
I paid no attention to Freud even when he was taught seriously.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 08:19 pm
@aspvenom,
That's an interesting mind you've got there, aspvenom. I hope you're saving it for something important.
aspvenom

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 08:27 pm
@roger,
I don't know if that's a sarcastic snide or a compliment.

Thanks in either case.
roger

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 09:50 pm
@aspvenom,
Kind of good natured snide, I guess.

Anyway, you're welcome.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 09:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You sure do have a good memory! Congrats. I've forgotten most stuff about Abuzz and early a2k years.

Gosh, that's a straightline that I have been able to resist with nothing less than Herculean effort.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 09:59 pm
@Linkat,
Must be a masculine conspiracy and further validation of Naomi Wolfe's dream of a world without men.

(Maybe a lot of women take a quick walk around and find all the nastiness distasteful while the men think "That's for me!")
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Quite a few Abuzzers didn't find their way to A2K or chose not to make the shift.

Sadly, some of them passed on like my favorite A2K liberal whose name I shamefully can't recall, despite the fact that we corresponded by e-mail.

Not to worry though, the marburg of Abuzz is here as JTT.

Who was the ass that constantly pontifacted on the basis of his manic devotion to Max Weber?

I came to Abuzz a Democrat and conflicted liberal, only to blossom into an enlightened conservative after 9/11/01.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 02:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Kitchenpete, of course, did join for a while. But his new restaurant in Prague was making him awfully busy, and then i think JTT drove him away from the only thread in which he continued to participate. The Princess, if i recall correctly, dropped by, looked around and then disappeared.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 03:22 am
@aspvenom,

Linkat wrote:
Yes - I am targeting men - there appears to be only one dumb woman that is spamming.

Typical men. Thinking us women are too dumb not to realize they using real fake names...

And what are they spamming - spam and eggs, perhaps?
aspvenom wrote:

What if it's a women creating all these male usernames
due to penis envy as theorized by Freud?

Don't hold me to it, I think Freud was bat **** crazy.
Where did he go rong, Mr. Venom ?
0 Replies