Friends of Bill Wilson? enter here

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:05 am
@Sglass,
Congratulations, Sglass! (It's 26 years plus two months now that I stopped drinking.)
msolga

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
(It's 26 years plus two months now that I stopped drinking.)

My congratulations to you, too, Walter! Smile
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:17 am
@msolga,
Thanks - but it was the only choice if I wanted to live Wink
msolga

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, I've read your posts in the past about why this decision was so important to you, Walter.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You've got that one right down to a science there, Walter. For a person who has this horrid disease I find that it comes down to the point where one must make the decision to get on with living OR to just get on with dying! (of course we're all dying & none of us will get out of here alive,LOL) but you know what I mean,
right? For all those of us who are fortunate enough to be sober today, if you could -please offer a prayer- or just a hopeful thought - for my daughter, Erica, who is 37 yrs old, and whose disease is SO dreadfully active that it scares the heck out of me. I know I'm SO completely helpless in this situation and all I can do is to love her unconditionally, so that is all I do. I WISH there were more that I could do but there isn't. This is how life is.
It's beyond my power to bargain with it or make a deal. And so I wait & I hope.
0 Replies