Where are all of the Conservatives on A2K?

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 10:17 pm
Are there any conservatives on this site? I don't think I've seen any since I've been here. I'm used to being bashed big time for my political views and Republicans are the most Relentless when they are quoting their Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reiley. Or making their Clinton jokes. Where did they all go?

Not that I'm complaining... This site has a bit of a left wing slant and I enjoy it. I live in a state where I feel like I'm the only democrat and it's nice to be able to have a conversation without having to hear a Clinton joke or having the bible recited to you. This was especially a issue on the board that I was on before I found A2K.

I think the more inteligent a group of people are the more left of center the politics get. Right of center tends to be more closed minded non-charitable, uncompassionate and set in their ways.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 953 • Replies: 3
No top replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 11:16 pm
Here, the word 'conservative' is a synonym for 'moron.' They're out there, though. Believe me. I even talked to one once. Heed this warning: arguing with with them is perilous, because even when you win, you feel retarded by association. Use discretion.

I'll add a Very Happy here for the sake of civility on the boards.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 11:55 pm
IronLionZion, I couldn't agree more. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 12:17 am
There are conservatives of principal on here. I could name a few. Asherman, for instance. I am a liberal, in many of my positions, but I don't condemn people for disagreeing with me. There is nothing conservative about the goons running the White House. They are neocons and worse. A conservative, to me, is someone like Wm Buckley.
0 Replies