To Pee or not to Pee in Public

jcboy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 10:50 am
I was reading this story and it reminded me of the time we were driving to St. Augustine and Antonio had to go pee real bad, the next gas station was ten miles away and he said he couldn’t hold it so we had to pull over and let him go by the side of the car. He was five at the time, better to go by the side of the road then in his pants.

http://moms.today.com/_news/2012/09/16/13866753-parents-debate-whether-its-ok-to-let-kids-pee-in-public?

Quote:
To pee or not to pee in public? That’s a hot debate among potty-training parents. Some say it’s no big deal for a small child to do an occasional “nature pee,” while others think public pottying should be a crime.

In some places it is. Philadelphia mom Caroline Robboy recently got slapped with a ticket – and a lecture on bad parenting – when she let her 2-year-old son pee in public. She and her three children went out to dinner at a Johnny Rockets, then visited a nearby clothing shop, where her 2-year old son announced he had to go. Robboy told NBC News the store wouldn’t allow them to use the restroom.

They headed back to the restaurant, but little Nathaniel just couldn’t hold it. “I told him to go over to a grassy patch and make pee,” Robboy told NBCPhiladelphia.com. The next thing she knew, a police officer was giving her a $50 ticket for public urination — and a lecture about how she could be allowing a potential “pervert” to get a look at her son’s private parts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 3,073 • Replies: 11

Keith424

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:04 am
When ya gotta go ya gotta go! Very Happy
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:08 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I was reading this story and it reminded me of the time we were driving to St. Augustine and Antonio had to go pee real bad, the next gas station was ten miles away and he said he couldn’t hold it so we had to pull over and let him go by the side of the car. He was five at the time, better to go by the side of the road then in his pants.

http://moms.today.com/_news/2012/09/16/13866753-parents-debate-whether-its-ok-to-let-kids-pee-in-public?

Quote:
To pee or not to pee in public? That’s a hot debate among potty-training parents. Some say it’s no big deal for a small child to do an occasional “nature pee,” while others think public pottying should be a crime.

In some places it is. Philadelphia mom Caroline Robboy recently got slapped with a ticket – and a lecture on bad parenting – when she let her 2-year-old son pee in public. She and her three children went out to dinner at a Johnny Rockets, then visited a nearby clothing shop, where her 2-year old son announced he had to go. Robboy told NBC News the store wouldn’t allow them to use the restroom.

They headed back to the restaurant, but little Nathaniel just couldn’t hold it. “I told him to go over to a grassy patch and make pee,” Robboy told NBCPhiladelphia.com. The next thing she knew, a police officer was giving her a $50 ticket for public urination — and
a lecture about how she could be allowing
a potential “pervert” to get a look at her son’s private parts.
I imagine that ALL of his parts r private.

Does he have any public parts ?
jcboy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:17 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

jcboy wrote:

Quote:

They headed back to the restaurant, but little Nathaniel just couldn’t hold it. “I told him to go over to a grassy patch and make pee,” Robboy told NBCPhiladelphia.com. The next thing she knew, a police officer was giving her a $50 ticket for public urination — and
a lecture about how she could be allowing
a potential “pervert” to get a look at her son’s private parts.
I imagine that ALL of his parts r private.

Does he have any public parts ?

Not until he's 18 Cool
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:41 am
@jcboy,
This is a common sense sort of thing. But (not that I agree the kid should get a ticket) - but yeck! If he is that close to stores and restaurants then no - you don't pee there - people are walking around. I don't want to step in some kid's pee.

It is a bit different than stopping by the side of the road with 10 miles to the next rest stop and peeing in the woods than peeing where people are walking by. I'd imagine the kid could hold it 5 minutes to get back to the restaurant.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 12:37 pm
@jcboy,
she shoulda let him make a puddle on the floor of the store that refused her letting him use the toilet.

on the carpet if possible...
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 12:58 pm
@Rockhead,
true - I mean what sort of store doesn't allow a little kid to use the potty - some one who doesn't know kids.
MMarciano

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:28 pm
@Linkat,
I don’t agree with letting them pee in public, now we did pull over and let Antonio go since we had a ways to drive, he wasn’t visible to anyone and it was along side of the road.

I read the story, can’t believe the store denied the little boy, a two year old! the use of the restroom. Shame on them.
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:36 pm
@MMarciano,
I've myself, gone out in the woods before - camping at night as I didn't want to walk all the way to the bathrooms that late.

Common sense tells you - you are a highway/road where this is nothing for miles and miles - kid needs to pee. You pull over, go a little ways off the road for privacy and pee. Not a big deal.

But peeing right there in the open where everyone is - but yes the store should have accomodated the kid.

I do have a funny story about a similar thing. My former hair dresser told me - they were at the beach with her young son. He came up to her and said he had to pee. It was quite a long walk to the any restroom so she told him quietly - just go pee in the ocean. So he goes walks up to the surf (and rather than walking in and peeing), he proceeds to pull his pants down and pee in the surf.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:30 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Quote:

They headed back to the restaurant, but little Nathaniel just couldn’t hold it. “I told him to go over to a grassy patch and make pee,” Robboy told NBCPhiladelphia.com. The next thing she knew, a police officer was giving her a $50 ticket for public urination — and a lecture about how she could be allowing a potential “pervert” to get a look at her son’s private parts.
In my opinion, this offense is defined by
whether or not u get away with it, undetected.

However, in the end, we must recognize that
this is not a voluntary act, if his or her bladder is in danger.
When u gotta go: u gotta go.
If I were in law enforcement, I 'd conveniently fail to take notice.

David
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:45 pm
This is beyond stupid. If the boy was a dog, nobody would have batted an eyelash.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 12:20 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
This is beyond stupid. If the boy was a dog,
nobody would have batted an eyelash.
GOOD POINT! The prohibition is based upon subjectivity; that 's a scandal in America.

Its irrational.

The quoted police officer was interested in the possibility of a "look".
0 Replies