Why Does Any Thing Exist

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 02:29 am
Why Does Any Thing Exist
Most religions that exist will say that God created every thing.
But, if God is another thing that exists, what created or what is the cause of God?
The term God is only useful as a term signifying The cause of existence.
The cause is the reason for existence and requires no cause of itself.
But, is there a fault in our normal language about existence?
It is as if we assume there a condition of nothingness into which things were inserted, or within which they suddenly appeared as if by accident.
The reality must surely be that there is no 'thing' that can be called nothingness, or absolute void.
There is the entirety of existence with complementary and contrasting 'values' as in ethics.
Perhaps this is what Einstein had tapped into, but in a much more sophisticated language.
It may be suggested that the primal universe included related 'values' that were the fount of intelligence.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,571 • Replies: 17
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 10:22 am
@RW Standing,
Quote:
Why Does Any Thing Exist
Because it has to

Quote:
But, if God is another thing that exists, what created or what is the cause of God?
Easy, She has always existed; while creation is an ongoing process

Quote:
The term God is only useful as a term signifying The cause of existence.
Well put. However for "cause" my No. 2 Son and I as apodictical existential pantheists might substitute "reality"

Quote:
The cause is the reason for existence and requires no cause of itself.
Seems very reasonable conclusion. However intuition can't help speculating that there's something more to the Megillah than the simple random meaningless bouncing of particles off one another

Quote:
It is as if we assume there a condition of nothingness into which things were inserted, or within which they suddenly appeared as if by accident.
One recent speculation is, as you imply, that the Big Bang suddenly appeared out of nothingness though we don't (yet) have the necessary mental equipment to deal with the idea

My suggestion is that a moment of "nothing" separates sequential Big-Bang/dispersal/big-crunches but to skirt certain paradox and contradiction its "duration" is zero

Quote:
The reality must surely be that there is no 'thing' that can be called nothingness, or absolute void.
Of course nothingness isn't a "thing" nor does it have duration. If the Universe is finite, it is often thought of as a ball or donut with the "void" outside. But of course there simply isn't an outside

Quote:
There is the entirety of existence with complementary and contrasting 'values' as in ethics.
RW you'll have to elaborate on that for the benefit of the Average Clod (me)

Quote:
Perhaps this is what Einstein had tapped into, but in a much more sophisticated language.
Ditto

Quote:
It may be suggested that the primal universe included related 'values' that were the fount of intelligence.
The very "something" we can't yet account for
imans

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 03:03 pm
@RW Standing,
a thing exist for quality sake, when superiority is the always concept and the futur reasons and the past betterments then first there must b smthg for superior quality in abstract terms exist as determining anything reality in positive constant terms to true freedom of its quality being itself source

superiority is the maximum right positive constant which is free productive quality, and this is obviously what anything is about of its sensical drives
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 09:03 pm
@dalehileman,
It exists simply because it does. It is its own cause and its own effect.
imans

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:41 am
@RW Standing,
RW Standing wrote:

Why Does Any Thing Exist

bc existence is relatively true, which means that truth so infinite superiority is almost objective
then any is free while relatively existing
but that relative existence of any is mayb true and mayb not

truth is infinite superiority in the sense that any truth is its superiority as being its reason of appearance, but then what is the truth of truth, well it is infinite superiority, and since it is truth of truth then it is always present real that is why it is almost objective fact still

what is superior is free but then what is free is present and what is present is always more and what is always more is relatively objective and what is relatively objective is existing one own self source

we just need that truth of truth so infinite superiority act objective in forcing truth to stop being one, then god would die when truth would act free and not someone, freedom bein true is mostly welcome especially now with all that one end to freedom being an opportunist will for inferiors pleasures those that would never accept their existence to b relative for the sake or in the name of true existence being superior always
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:10 am
@JLNobody,
Quote:
JL I presume by "it" you mean the Universe and yes, it's here simply because that's the way things have to be. However I still maintain there's more to it than aimless radiation with particles bouncing off one another in a futile random panoply
north

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 01:04 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
JL I presume by "it" you mean the Universe and yes, it's here simply because that's the way things have to be.

Quote:
However I still maintain there's more to it than aimless radiation with particles bouncing off one another in a futile random panoply

the thing is Dal , that this so called " futile random panoply " is not futile at all and is actually essential to the variation that we find in the Universe

from galaxies , stars , planets , moons etc

from these variations gets a variation in life its self . In where life can take hold
dalehileman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:11 pm
@north,
Quote:
from these variations gets a variation in life its self . In where life can take hold
Forgive me North if I wasn't clear. I merely maintain intuition insists on something beyond mechanics to explain it all
imans

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:11 pm
@dalehileman,
stop meaning intuitions to get smthg to ur freedom as superior stand fact upon all bein useless intuitions that cant matter objectively so u can exist through the illusion that u can matter smthg real

existence reason of any is conscious superiority that can gather different true elements presence in one objective superior logics which matter really to give that conscious act a form
which also prove that truth of truth is infinite superiority as possible always existence rights

the problem is what u have no conscious to care about saying what u know

**** u
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:39 pm
@dalehileman,
I agree, but perhaps for a different reason. It seems to me that the Universe--as we designate it--is beyond our capacity for description. I'm a bit of a skeptic.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 10:14 am
@JLNobody,
Quote:
--is beyond our capacity for description.
Party 'cuz we don't yet know enough and partly 'cuz our language is still somewhat inadequate to handle the abstract
JLNobody

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 06:17 pm
@dalehileman,
My point, Dale, is that we as a particular kind of organism are not able, and probably will never be able, to describe anything "ultimate". We can only discuss things within the sphere of our particular "lifeworld"/nature. I would like to think that our capacity for questions is beyond our grasp for answers, but both capacities (for questions and for answers) reflect our limitations. That doesn't bother me a bit, just as the eagle should not mind his inability to spin webs.
imans

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 12:21 am
@JLNobody,
bc u as particular kind of organism, are never real
ur organs and kind are based on pretending being for the sake of existence advantage from knowing that existence is about freedom profits

since u r never real u cant but end trapped with ur pretenses alone isolated of what was real from the beginning and end really existing

**** u
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 10:54 am
@JLNobody,
Quote:
our capacity for questions is beyond our grasp for answers
True JL but we can come closer and closer--that is until we finally destroy ourselves by overpop, disease, nuclear war, etc
0 Replies

RIW

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 07:22 am
Here is how I see it
Before our time began the infinite became self aware and it observed all for it was all. With love it created a perfect order of single point mass particles and then releases it so the mass particles could all coming by and with their own preference’s of movement. The Infinite made this possible knowing that it would be finite but that it would also bring forth that which can and would observer. At the same time the universe falls in to disorder it also moves to higher levels of connection and complexity. Choice is necessary for evolution. Choice is necessary for all observers to evolve. Love is a creating force hate is a destroying force. Do not try and put god in your back pocket. The Infinite will not fit in there instead put love in your top front pocket near your hart, and hate in your back pocket out of sight. Connecting to that which is good is connecting to the living universe. Yes this is a living universe when preferences of movement and an inclination to connect in ways of ever high complexity are given to mass things evolve. The Infinite has made the laws and set the physical values of our universe for life to exist. All life is an observer of existents. God does not move rocks. God is the infinite. God is the understanding of the collective infinite. For the void connects all things to the Infinite.
I grow so tired of end of the universe science. Yes the universe may be cooling and may end as we know it. But that is in an incomprehensible amount of time. For all practical purposes, the world and the stairs have always been and will always be. It is ok to be finite. How many years are needed to call forever one million, one billion or one hundred billion years? What should be important to man are the next thousand years, the earth, the Milky Way, and the two thousand stars with in fifty light years of earth. What will we find? What will we learn about this finite piece of the Infinite?
R.I.W.
Just the philosophy of an old boat builder.
mark noble

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 07:30 am
Huh?

We are defining existence?
What...................does NOT exist?
Much easier to answer, and, once answered, will conclude your queery:)
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 08:03 am
@JLNobody,
I dont at all understand this obsession with things in themselves and frankly with the poor usage of the term ultimate in philosophy...we can only refer to relations to functions and not to things in themselves but there is nothing in those relations while being relations which is not itself ultimate or objective as the experience I live it is what it is...secondly given most of what I observe is not transcendental when I try to comunicate it to others and there is to an extent a common grasp of what I mean how come it is so easelly asserted reality is beyond grasp? The first reason we have such a word like reality emerges precisely from the fact that people agree on a shared experience of the world...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 09:28 am
@RIW,
Quote:
Before our time began
RIW forgive me but that's contradictory
0 Replies