Dr. Pepper Ad Sparks Religious Indignation

rosborne979

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 05:57 am
@MontereyJack,
"... so Noah took two of everything, including microbes, but forgot the dinosaurs..." Smile That cracks me up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 06:04 am
@carolgreen145,
Is there an echo in here?
thack45

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:03 am
@Rockhead,
Religious indignation? What else is new?
Rockhead wrote:

got any meade?

negative. can I interest you in some manna from hell?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:06 am
@Rockhead,
Religious indignation? What else is new?

Rockhead wrote:

got any meade?

negative. there's prolly some leftover manna around here somewhere
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:08 am
@thack45,
So, those were two "either/or" posts?
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:18 am
@farmerman,
Im a MOXIE lover. It tatses less like Cherry flavor Robitussen than does Dr P.
Dr P lovers heat their homes with mesquite
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 09:42 am
@farmerman,
whoops a daisy
0 Replies

carolgreen616

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 06:58 pm
@JPB,
started hanging out on the corner by the gas station late at night. My life quickly went to hell.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 02:25 am
There is definitely an echo in here.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:17 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

When i was a kid, we used to go to this roller rink where they served DP, and promoted it, too--posters and signs everywhere. I decided i'd become a DP drinker, both because i didn't know anyone else who drank it, and to be different, which has a certain cachet for kids.

Soon, i began to doubt religion, and i soon abandonded Jesus. I began to despise my English teacher, and to scorn my French teacher. I lost interest in basketball, and started hanging out on the corner by the gas station late at night. My life quickly went to hell.

This made me snort...
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:25 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Soon, i began to doubt religion, and i soon abandonded Jesus. I began to despise my English teacher, and to scorn my French teacher. I lost interest in basketball, and started hanging out on the corner by the gas station late at night. My life quickly went to hell.

That explains a lot.

(kidding)
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:27 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
When are the religious people of a more realistic persuasion going to start standing up to the fanatics who are giving their religions a bad name.

I've been wondering that for a long time.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:29 am
@IRFRANK,
Most of em are really chicken-shits. They let their clergy do the talking , even though their clergy are more often full of meadow muffins themselves
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:32 am
re farmer:
 http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/moxovision/MoxieFanTop.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:34 am
@MontereyJack,
To clarify a point

MOXIE is Americas "favorite" soft drink that is also a cough surpressant
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:46 am

I am afraid if I stop drinking diet DP I might actually revert to an amoeba.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:50 am
@mismi,
<big grin>

I love

http://pics1.drugstore.com/prodimg/20619/300.jpg
~~~

Dr. Pepper wasn't easily available in Canada when I was growing up. We used to do roadtrips to Watertown, on the other side of the 1000 Islands Bridge, to buy Dr. Pepper back in the mid-1970's. Very exciting times!
roger

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:51 am
@MontereyJack,
Pointless question I'm sure, but "100%" what?
mismi

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:55 am
@IRFRANK,
Rosborne wrote:

Quote:
When are the religious people of a more realistic persuasion going to start standing up to the fanatics who are giving their religions a bad name.

Frank wrote:
Quote:

I've been wondering that for a long time.

It wouldn't matter....folks would still find a way to belittle us. Live and let live has become the motto of many who consider themselves followers of Christ. If we stand up for what we believe in...we are still called crazy, ridiculous, dreamers, mean spirited, unreasonable, illogical....why would we subject ourselves to more of it when it has to do with something as goofy as making a big fat hairy deal over advertising for a soda? You really can't separate yourself from that when so many folks call themselves Christians.....unless you found another name to call yourself. That thought has occurred to me before.

And anyway...there are so many more important things that matter. If you believe God looks on the heart, then you have to live that way and love folks the best you can. Meet the needs of your community and worship how you are led...getting upset over things that don't matter just takes time away from the important things.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:57 am
@roger,
If you drink Moxie you would understand grasshopper.
0 Replies