Back in the horse-pistol again

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:02 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you for sharing all that, Rags. My sincere best wishes for an up-tick in your health.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:04 pm
@George,
George wrote:

For what it's worth, I am launching positive thoughts for you. I guess you
know me well enough by now to know what that means.

Hang in there!

Yes, I do know you well enough to understand. Thank you, George.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:05 pm
@shewolfnm,
Thank you for your kind wishes, shewolf.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I've just stumbled upon this, Lusty, and am as surprised as many that you managed to be so bloody cheerful whilst keeping all this quiet.

A stiff upper lip, to say the least. You are one cool guy.

Massive good vibes being sent from somewhere in darkest England, hoping that they sort you out soon.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:09 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Thank you for those good vibes from the Heart of Darkness, your lordship.
Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:21 pm
Andele, I neglected to mention that my hoper is in high gear for you.

How am I? Waiting and worrying. Waiting to have another PET scan to find out whether the thing in my lung is cancer. Waiting for the results of a test to find out if I now have diabetes. Waiting to see the endocrinologist to find out what kind of mishigas my thyroid is causing me.

And grateful that despite my having COPD I can walk more than 15 steps.

What a group. Are we having fun or what?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:24 pm
@Roberta,
I haven't had this much fun since Caleb was a pup, 'Boita.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 12:37 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Isn't it wonderful how humour kicks in a lot of the time when this type of shite happens.

I remember spending an entire summer in a section of a ward that had six beds, four of them taken up with long servers of which I was one.
The camaraderie that developed was amazing.

It was the summer when David Blaine was hung in a box above Trafalgar Square and went without food. I beat him by three days, only having saline and glucose drips in the hope of sorting out my inner workings.

When it proved unsuccessful and they came to take me away for surgery, rather than being all serious and wishing me all the best, my three comrades in arms started a serious mock argument about who was going to get my watch and ring. Bastards.

I love the way that A2K comes together during such times.

Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 04:48 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Hospital humor:

The day after I had brain surgery, I was sitting on my bed hooked up to many things. The top doctor and many interns came in to see me. I looked around and said, "How many here are old enough to vote?" Two of them actually raised their hands.

The following day I had my first trip off the bed--a little walk. I had my cane. I walked down the hallway and stuck out my cane. The nurse wanted to know what I was doing. "Signaling a left," said I.

Hey, if you can't have a little fun in the hospital, where can ya?
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 03:50 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm probably the last person on A2K to discover this thread! Sorry! Rolling Eyes

More good vibes across the ocean from sunny (?) England wishing you a speedy recovery.

Enjoying your hospital humour Laughing

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 04:21 am
@vonny,
Sunny? What's that? In Southampton it's drizzling like yesterday, and the day before that, to the last syllable of recorded time, (I think I might have changed direction there.)

Kudos to Andy, whatever else he might be, he's not a bloody moaning Minnie. There's a few could do with taking a leaf out of his book. (I'm not moaning about the drizzle, just being fatalistic. What else could I be?)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:16 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Dangit! Life is a bitch.

I am so sorry to hear of the health issues you are facing. From what I understand, the vast majority of men will have prostate cancer at some point if they live beyond 70. My dad had it maybe a decade ago, and recently his PSA (is that the correct acronym?) markers have gone up a nudge but his Docs aren't concerned about that.

I'm very glad that Faith is there and getting you out of your luxury hotel often. And I am sure that convelescing in HI is much more preferable to doing it in Boston..... Please take good care of yourself. And, keep us updated once in a while if you can.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:53 pm
@littlek,
Life is what you make it, K, and my complaining about it sure ain't gonna make it any better. The trick is to learn how to live life on life's terms.

My PSA had gone sky high (don't me ask me how high; I don't know from numbers). Some of the medication I take now, including one of the monthly shots, is intended to get it back down. So far it seems to be working in small increments.

Thank you for your concern.

roger

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 07:29 pm
@littlek,
Littlek!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 09:17 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Oh Andy, I've just discovered this thread myself. Faith has told me a little bit on facebook, but I had no idea you're with Nurse Ratchet since July 2014.

You've always been an upbeat guy and nothing can change that. I fondly remember all of us meeting in San Francisco. Half of the people aren't here anymore and the other half is sick - I am the only one left standing! Smile

Hang in there Andy, it looks like they're treating you well and have a mission to get you out and home again. Let's one day drink to that!!

All my best wishes!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 09:20 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thank you, c.j. Remembering the San Francisco meet, it's ironic to realize that both Tak and I are currently hors de combat.
husker

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Just when I'm feeling down on my own conditions - I get inspired to fight for the better life. (just finding this topic) Thank You
ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 09:13 pm
@husker,
Hi, Husker. Sending you warm blankets.

0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 12:42 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Another late-comer to your report, Merry. I still remember with great fondness our visit in Boston when we we went some years ago. Mrs. Diddie sends every good wish for you, and so do I.
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 02:24 am
@PDiddie,
Diddie's home!
0 Replies