Hiama is going for Triathlon gold-help sought

margo

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 08:29 pm
hiama wrote:

I was having problems with my swim goggles fogging up and today I took delivery of these fantastic new ones, its like being a kid all over again, its called an Aquasphere Seal Mask and its brilliant Very Happy

I can help here! Spit in your glasses! Yes, SPIT! And then rub it over the glasses (inside, dummy!) - and they won't fog up! Maybe these new hi-techie ones have demisters! Razz
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:47 am
Thanks Margo-I had heard that one about spitting and had tried it with the old ones after they fogged and it does work-new ones seem fine though
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 06:07 am
New toys are not only more fun, they have a ceremonial dignity. Hiama is embarked on a Great Adventure.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 01:09 pm
Noddy,

A great exciting adventure it is too, today was a work day, drove 200 miles to and from work-awoke at 4 am back home at 6 pm- soup and bread -a glass of port for medicinal purposes only and tomorrow 1500m swim at 7 am, punctuated before and after by 5 mile runs to and from the pool. Then later on a weights session as none done last week-naughty me
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:14 pm
Hiama: jesting aside, I do admire the commitment you have made to this effort. The results you have seen so far certainly have spurred you on. Am I correct in assuming that all of this has been done under the monitoring of your doctor?
Johnboy, by the way, is 6 feet tall and has weighed a mere 135 lbs all of his adult life. He eats as much as he can but can not GAIN weight!.
Keep us posted. -rjb-
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:51 pm
Hiama--

I'm glad that your energy is devoted to fighting flab and sloth rather than undermining western culture or promoting snake oil.

Cheers! Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 07:09 am
John Boy,

Thanks for your concern.

I had my cholesterol, hdl, ldl etc checked also wear my Heart Rate monitor when exercising and have gradually increased the quantity and quality of the work, whilst gradually losing weight. If you look back at my record on the weight loss thread, its been a consistent 1-2 lbs a week, nothing too drastic. That's why it will stay off.

Noddy,

Snake oil now that's an idea, if I smear it over my body should make me more aquadynamic and aerodynamic-thanks for the idea Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 10:46 am
Hiama--

Traditional invincible types swear by Ointment of Bear Fat. Snake oil is for city slickers.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 01:11 pm
Noddy,

Won't the bear fat attract the sharks as I am swimming ?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 01:15 pm
hiama wrote:
Noddy,

Won't the bear fat attract the sharks as I am swimming ?

Well.... yes, probably!
But won't that be an added incentive to make your swimming all the more effective! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 02:02 pm
Margo is a brutal trainer--but she gets results.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 11:40 am
Ok I'll give it a go.

a good day today, ran 5 miles to the pool, did a mile in the pool, then ran back home 5 miles-enjoyed my breakfast.

Then a weights session this afternoon as missed it last week, will try to fit another in on Saturday before my long run.

Anyone seen Safecracker ?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 10:02 am
I am having to put my training on hold as I have a minor Operation planned for 2 weeks time so no training before then and after for a couple of weeks.

Will update you when back in the land of health.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 11:01 am
Are isometric exercises permitted? Fitness before an operation speeds recovery time.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 05:46 am
I am trying to do some isometrics when the pain allows, thanks for the thought Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 10:21 am
Any effort is better than no effort--but pain is very unmotivating. Find a good book and hold your dominion.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 12:09 pm
Doing 3 x 15 V sit ups and the odd set of 40 push ups and thats it-no aerobic work though I may venture out for a small shuffle tomorrow just to get some air in my lungs-almost 2 weeks indoors mostly in bed is sending me stir crazy !!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 12:20 pm
for $80,000 USD annually plus room and board I could come over and be your personal trainer. Wink
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 12:13 pm
Ok Very Happy
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:12 pm
Back on track

So saw the doc today-she reckons maybe 2 to 3 weeks and I can start mild exercise-so that will be 6 weeks mid season break.

I'll keep you posted, no bike for a bit so it will be swimming and very slow runs
0 Replies