Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 04:50 pm
Are zombies real? If so provide proof please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,964 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 05:21 pm
@JoeWillis,
JoeWillis wrote:

Are zombies real? If so provide proof please.

Does Jesus count?
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 05:29 pm
@JoeWillis,
Of course they are real in the animal kingdom. If you watch discovery channel you'll know of a bug that infects rats, but can only breed inside the intestines of a cat called toxoplasmosa gondii
The parasite knows it needs to get the rat inside the cat so the parasite takes over the rat's brain, and intentionally makes it scurry toward where the cats hang out, and this rat's brain is reprogrammed so that it will get itself eaten.
Yup that rat definitely becomes a zombie after the parasite takes over.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 09:23 pm
@JoeWillis,
I have severe doubts that JoeWillis is real.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 09:45 pm
@JoeWillis,
Proof is hard to post, but I do know this one waitress. . . .
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:04 pm
It's kinda weird. People think all zombies are dead but I guess there are two kinds of zombies. Cause you see in some hollywood movies that someone gets bit and they turn in to a mindless monster.
So I guess there is the classical zombie which is dead and walking, and there are the new type of zombies that are alive, have a pumping heart, but is brainwashed to do the bidding of some bug. Especially in the movie I am Legend with Will Smith.
roger

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:23 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
It's been awhile since I've seen someone cite Hollywood movies as an authority.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:27 pm
@roger,
You kind of have to on the subject of zombies, because the voodoo folklore of zombies was brought to main stream population by Holly wood, similar to how the race of elves and dwarfs were defined and given flesh first by Norse mythology but later given even more fame and depth through books in the fantasy fiction genre.
So what else do you have to go by. Cause the holly wood style of zomby is fictional, but there are parasites that take over some animal's brain and cause them to do the parasite's bidding which technically makes them fall in the zombie category

And then you can start an argument from there saying whether zombies should be dead as in no beating hearts or if they are alive but merely controlled, and I'd imagine you either support or disprove using hollywood movies or researching voodoo folklore for "proofs."
roger

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:48 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
yes
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 02:39 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
My understanding was that the creatures in I am Legend are supposed to be vampires, not zombies. At least this was so in Richard Matthieson's book of the same name on which the movie is supposed to be based.
roger

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:02 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Don't come in here trying to cite a book as a reference when we've already got the movie.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:13 pm
@roger,
And that's in colour!
roger

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah! And neither one is as good as "I read it on the internet, somewheres".
theprofessor

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:27 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
look , 1st off , thats not a zombie thats a parasite

zombies are not parasites

it can be a disease thats causes it i just want to say this one more time , a zombie is not a parasite , being controlled by another species is not what a zombie is

a zombie comes in 3 types

disease- they become infected either government testing or by contact with blood

disease is probable - mad cow disease has 3 or 4 cousins that have similar effects- incubation of the disease for 1 month to six , and the results are cannibalism , extreme rage and so on ...

magic- shaman raise them with black magic - till u see it noones gonna believe it

in haiti they have shaman beliefs about zombies
and the media even fed into it with a couple sightings claimed

and nuclear-they become horrificly disfigured and eat human flesh for some reason im guessing evrything else is a shadow - so highly inprobable

its possible , im just not sure if those working in biochemical weapons have developed it yet ... proballly

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:27 pm
My bad, guys. Sorry.
theprofessor

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:29 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
hey lustig , i like your response

dont sweat it
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:44 pm
@roger,
I heard that through the grapevine
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:30 pm
Wade Davis suggests there are Zombies, but they're nothing like the Hollywood Dawn of the Dead type.

Quote:
The Serpent and the Rainbow is a book written by ethnobotanist and researcher Wade Davis published in 1985. He investigated Haitian Vodou and the process of making zombies. He studied ethnobotanical poisons, discovering their use in a reported case of a contemporary zombie, Clairvius Narcisse.

The book presents the case of Clairvius Narcisse, a man who had been a zombie for 2 years, as showing that the zombification process was more likely the result of a complex interaction of tetrodotoxin, a powerful hallucinogen called Datura, and cultural forces and beliefs.

According to the book, there is an assortment of ingredients to Haitian zombie powder including puffer fish, matter from a corpse (specifically to Davis' adventure in Haiti, the bocor, Haitian shaman, crushed the skull of a deceased infant, that had been dead for a month or two, and added it to the poison), freshly killed blue lizards, a large dried toad (Bafus marinus) with a dried sea worm wrapped around it (prepared beforehand), "tcha-tcha" (Albizzia), and "itching pea" (pois grater, a species of Mucuna).

The book inspired a dramatic horror film, The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988). Back then, Davis was very vocal about his displeasure with the final result.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Serpent_and_the_Rainbow_(book)
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:36 pm
I am Legend was a bit confusing, Lustig, cause the creatures had both qualities of vampire as well as a zombie, so I guess they are somewhere in the middle, I guess they're called dark seekers if I remember correctly.

theprofessor, what about raging-alive-rabies like zombies as seen in 28 days later, Quarantine, and left4dead, which makes me wonder since the fast rabid are not truly dead thus they're able to be killed in a varieties of ways, and these would be infected living humans that hasn't died yet, and therefore not zombie genre, yet people generally without thinking like to put them in the zombie genre which then is probably inaccurate. And the slow ones would be the undead but 'dead' humans, which are zombies.
Since I've thought about there's been misconception or mislabeling by people like me of a few games and movies to be of zombie genre when they're not.
I say hell with it. There is a generalization and many people do believe rabid living person who acts like a "zombie" as in addicted to human blood and flesh, as well the "undead" are all zombies.
aspvenom

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:50 pm
@JoeWillis,
Why not see this and believe what you want to believe?

I'm still laughing.