Q about usernames

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 11:02 am
In spite of the supposed dangers I note than many folk—like me for instance—use their real names—especially at a2k—and I am wondering how risky it really is

http://able2know.org/topic/197013-1

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 11:05 am
@dalehileman,
I'd thought at first this thread was about 'username',since he is posting with a different name since some time ... Embarrassed
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 11:15 am
@dalehileman,
You have to realize that the great majority of these new members aren't using their real names. They're creating fake accounts to spam the site at a later date. Or at least the great majority of these introductory threads belong most likely to a handful of individuals who create multiple accounts at one time. For reasons other then asking legitimate and answering questions and participate in forum discussions.

The use/list of realistic names is easier for making multiple accounts at one time. Plus it gives them a tad bit of alleged credibility to their new forum memberships. What they don't understand is that their first postings tend to be repetitive, vague, and obviously not sincere attempts at joining a2k for actual forum participation.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 12:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Sorry Walter—yes it’s mainly about username though some guys with a pseudonymous username sometimes sign a post with real name, and this I’ve never understood
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 12:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
You have to realize that the great majority of these new members aren't using their real names.
Thanks for that report Tsar. Yes, that’s also what my No. 2 Son says

It might be interesting to take a poll, asking how many participants using real name
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 09:47 pm
@dalehileman,
I live in a pineapple under the sea so I dare not use my real name
dalehileman

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 10:54 am
@farmerman,
I am actually a tomcat, black on top, white on the bottom
0 Replies