The A2k NFL "Pick-Um" Game Is Back!

ossobuco

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:35 pm
@George,
Oho, good for the Colts.. I think, there's still 35 seconds.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:56 pm
And Indy wins over Green Bay! We all got that game wrong - except Miz Cowdoc.
Through the 7 games played thus far, Mysteryman is 5-2. A bunch of folks are 4-3. JBLosman, McGentrix and George are at 2-5.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 05:22 pm
@George,
Mercy time is running out and a recovered fumble for Pats...3.5 mins and leading by 31-21 but it was 31-7 a short while ago and Manning is red-hot..
spendius

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 05:23 pm
@Ragman,
This is a prediction game and not a description of the past.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 05:49 pm
Mysteryman keeps on trucking. 10-2 so far. But he has to check his rear view mirrors. Wandeljw, JPB, Region and Cowdoc (all at 9-3) have New Orleans tonight while MM has San Diego.
wandeljw

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 10:19 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Mysteryman keeps on trucking. 10-2 so far. But he has to check his rear view mirrors. Wandeljw, JPB, Region and Cowdoc (all at 9-3) have New Orleans tonight while MM has San Diego.

New Orleans defeated San Diego. 5-way tie for first?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 12:53 pm
Yes, indeed. A five-way tie with the Houston @ NY Jets still to come.
Mysteryman, Wandeljw, JPB, Region and Cowdoc are at 10-3 and all have the Texans tonight.
And wait. There's more. Jespah and Miz Cowdoc are 9-4 and are picking the Jets. If they are right we would have a seven-way tie.
A few other players are 9-4 but are choosing Houston so they are not in contention.
spendius

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 01:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
And you have caned the bookie's arses again. The Bears and the 49ers did it for you. And the Vikes.

I haven't quite finished my arithmetic yet but enough to see $$$$$$$$s everywhere. What you call mathematics because it sounds more intellectual.

Sums some of us call it. Only the cream do mathematics here. Brains types. A bit far out most of them.

Only 4 underdogs won and the Jets are UD tonight. Getting 9 start.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 01:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
Correct me if I'm offbase but I have counted myself to be at 10-3 also. I've picked the Texans tonight. My wrong choices are AZ, Cinci, and GB.

Do you have something different?

{edit: I caught my stupid error. I made a switch of choices but I never submitted the change. I am in error. I am 9-4 with Houston as my pick. }
realjohnboy

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 01:38 pm
@Ragman,
I have you down as also choosing Carolina, Ragman. Did I record that incorrectly? I'd be happy to go back and check if y0u think I'm wrong.
Ragman

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 01:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
edited. I agree.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:09 pm
No problem. With 280 to 320 picks each week (5400 over the season), I expect to make mistakes. I have no issue with players pointing out possible errors.
I'll be asleep long before the Houston-NY Jets game is over and tomorrow is supposed to be full of meetings with hoteliers, builders, architects. I may not get home until late.
Week #5 will end in a 5 way tie if Houston wins and a 7 way tie if NY wins.
The 1st tiebreaker is the player who is closest to the total number of points scored tonight.
Mysteryman (28-10 = 38)
Cowdoc (41)
JPB (42)
Region (47)
Wandeljw (54)
and if Jets win, we have to add
Jespah (24)
Miz Cowdoc (57).

Take Region (please!). The mid-point between him and JPB is 44.5 and between him and Wandeljw is 50.5. So Region "controls" the area with a combined score between 45 and 50.
Amazingly enough, this happens to work for all possible scores this week unless the outcome is a Jets win with the total points scored being exactly 31.
Mysteryman and Jespah would still be in a tie and we would go to the second one on my list.
Kind of interesting, huh?
ossobuco

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
That's really good to hear re your meetings, Johnboy.
spendius

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
It is very exciting Johnnie I must admit.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:12 pm
@realjohnboy,

Mr. Green
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
That's really good to hear re your meetings, Johnboy.

Money, money, money eh?
realjohnboy

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:46 pm
@spendius,
No. You are wrong about that, spendius, but you probably don't believe me and this is not the appropriate forum for discussing it.
It's all about having a vision for urban development and of controlling a couple of properties that might advance that vision.
realjohnboy

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:26 pm
WEEK #6 (10/11 -10/15)
Thursday: Pittsburgh @ Tennessee
Sunday, early:
Kansas City @ Tampa Bay
Indianapolis @ NY Jets
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Detroit @ Philadelphia
Oakland @ Atlanta
St Louis @ Miami
Dallas @ Baltimore
Late:
Buffalo @ Arizona
New England @ Seattle
NY Giants @ San Francisco
Minnesota @ Washington
Night:
Green Bay @ Houston
Monday:
Denver @ San Diego (+ score)
Ticomaya

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 08:02 pm
WEEK #6

Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Indianapolis
Cleveland
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Miami
Baltimore
Arizona
Seattle
San Francisco
Minnesota
Houston
San Diego, 34-21
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 9 Oct, 2012 03:24 am
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
No. You are wrong about that, spendius, but you probably don't believe me and this is not the appropriate forum for discussing it.
It's all about having a vision for urban development and of controlling a couple of properties that might advance that vision.

You raised the matter old chap. osso approved.

I can't imagine an American businessman spending a busy day in meetings if money is not the objective. Possibly not directly.

I have been in quite a lot of similar meetings and money was the sole objective. I thought ideological enthusiasm was frowned upon in the US.