The A2k NFL "Pick-Um" Game Is Back!

spendius

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:00 am
@Rockhead,
With my game Rocky players can bet on however many games they wish just as racegoers do at the track. Those picking using tea-leaf patterns have just as much chance as those picking the favourites. With the other game those picking the favourites are bound to win over a season as I proved. Twice. Had those two seasons been played for money I would have considered myself as a thief taking advantage of the innocent.

Rams + $16. Cards --$16.
Region Philbis

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:27 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
I will not switch my pick to St. Louis Rams no matter what.

http://www.poorparenting.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/homer_doh.jpg
Ragman

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:39 am
@Region Philbis,
ahahaha! Drunk

0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 06:43 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
We have all partaken of Tico's Arizona Kool-Aid. Only Ehbeth is choosing St Louis.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2eSfnCtBHyw/SbUioeYX6yI/AAAAAAAABgs/r7XNuA-ALnY/s320/Snoopy+Happy+Dance.jpg

it could be the only one I get right this week, but I'll take it
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 07:43 am
@Miz Cowdoc,
Miz Cowdoc wrote:

Some a2k pal news - Roger and I are going to meet Cowdoc for lunch tomorrow. We both are complete fans of him and also of Mrs. Cowdoc, who can handle him ; ). Unfortunately, Roger missed the sports gene, so we will probably not dwell on tomorrow's game. Enough other stuff to yammer about. He's very into forests and fire and I've had a fair amount of interest in that in my past. He and Roger are abundantly more conservative politically than I am. He and I are good talkers. Roger is succinct. Cowdoc and Roger are both funny in different ways (as in wit) and I'm not always a slug at it.

Heard from CowDoc and he said he had a great time at lunch. Thank you so much for putting up wiht him. I hope he behaved today. He should be home by midnight tonight and I will ask him...wish I could of been there too.

The cafe* we went to, a breakfast and lunch type of place, has a small but good bakery counter that you see in front of you when you come in the door. Ooooooh. I now have plans to make cinnamon walnut cookies in the near future. Anyway, Cowdoc decided that if you were here, you'd have picked the bread pudding and yep, that looked good.

We did end up talking a little football - your picking of St. Louis (oh, was it Tennessee?) and the infamous call that gave Seattle the game with Green Bay, and about the replacement reps. Roger got glazed eyes, but I enjoyed all that.

*Roma Bakery and Deli on 5th and Roma in case anyone is in ABQ town looking for sustenance, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., M - F.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 11:10 am
@spendius,
I play longshots at the ponies, but that is not this game.

nor is yours...
spendius

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 11:12 am
@Rockhead,
How so?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:37 pm
Congratulations to Ehbeth for being the only player to correctly pick St Louis over Arizona. Well done.
I am amused that everyone has gotten all of their picks in for the rest of the games this weekend. I can go out to the little shed on the far corner of my property and watch the leaves start to change colors. Sunday might be rainy and temperatures may flirt with the low 40's at night.
One game is a tossup. 10 of us choose Seattle and 10 are going for Carolina.
In the remaining 12 games we think alike in an astonishing 88% of our picks.
We split 12-8 in picking Pittsburgh over Philadelphia while we all think Baltimore will win over Kansas City and New England will defeat Denver.
Osso, Wandeljw, JPB, Ragman, Region and Cowdoc agree with the majority on every game. At the other extreme, if you want to call it an extreme, McGentrix differs on four games.
Ticomaya

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Congratulations to Ehbeth for being the only player to correctly pick St Louis over Arizona. Well done.

Bah!
spendius

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:

Her reward is far more significant in my game and rightly so. ehBeth has vaulted up my table.

How can her extraordinary oracular feat be only worth one paltry point except to save the dignity of the predictables?
0 Replies

Ragman

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:13 pm
@Ticomaya,
I hear 'ya. I don't know how to think of the Rams or the Cardinals at this point.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 09:18 am
It's a wet and chilly (45) Sunday morning in VA. It's tough to get motivated to do much. Even the hated stinkbugs - perhaps contemplating their mortality - seem listless while they probe for a way inside the house.
How is where you are?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 09:55 am
Lower sixties and dry. Very pleasant.
Ragman

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 10:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Gotta love the fall in sw coastal FL. It's a cooler 84 (feels like 90) and a bit sticky. This is instead of the summer days of 92-feels-like-100. Maybe a stray pop-up shower...but that is often a daily occurence lately, often resulting in a sunshower.
ehBeth

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 10:26 am
46F and verging on sunny in East York

the middle of Thanksgiving weekend

considering vegetables
0 Replies

George

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 10:26 am
@Ragman,
Just got back from central Florida. It was hot and humid every day with a
thundershower ever afternoon. Sticky.
Ragman

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 10:29 am
@George,
I understand that central FL can feel less comfy as there's no sea breeze to make it bearable. Ugh! I will say that around here from mid-May 'til about mid- October, I often keep myself out of the sun from about 9 am onward.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 12:39 pm
It's a gorgeous 85 right now here in the Valley ... perfect weather. No showers. No sticky.

Played a soccer game this morning, and finished just in time to watch the NFL games.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 12:43 pm
52 and sunny with a crisp north breeze.

gonna harvest guppies and listen to the chefs lose on the radio...

very fall today.
0 Replies

George

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:23 pm
Brady v Manning
This should be fun