nqyringmind

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 10:06 am
@engineer,
LOL!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 12:41 pm
@Linkat,
Re: Gabby's hair: Good grief. Talk about reaching. Her HAIRSTYLE?

I see today where people are criticizing her habit of talking about her religion.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 12:52 pm
I remember Agassi getting bad press because he wore bright colors and long hair.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-06-24/sports/1991175016_1_wimbledon-agassi-grand-slam

I think if you go to somebody's house as a guest, you should follow their rules. More premeditated stuff - like what you wear ie Agassi.

A tiny happy dance - sort of brimming from happiness - shouldn't be frowned on. I'm not sure who the dance originator proctor is at Wimbledon, and I wonder how often he clocks in.

I do think, however, that there is a bit of character involved in how you conduct yourself as a guest. If I say "don't smoke or put your feet on the coffee table" in a pre-visit brochure for guests in my home, decency requires that you decline the invite, abide my requests, or be quite rude.

Again, this relates to pre-selected behaviors, not "crimes of passion."

At the end of the day, Gabby's hair, Serena's dance, and so much more of this equates too many people called journalists. Thin the herd. Maybe the survivors will be too busy writing about actual news.

engineer

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 01:09 pm
@Lash,
On Serena's dance, the locals loved it, asked what it was called and if it was the "Serena". The issue was with those back home who equated it with gang violence thirty years ago. Interesting you brought up Agassi. His acts were definitely premeditated but you also didn't have the 24/7 press looking to generate outrage.
nqyringmind

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 01:10 pm
@Lash,
I saw Serena on P. Morgan last night and he asked her about it. Just as I figured, she explained that she just didn't know what to do. She was overcome with joy, pride, excitement and adrenaline.
I also read about some reporter asking 16 year old Gabby about her mother filing bankruptcy. What the f*ck is that!?!? Can those kinds of questions not wait until she's back home and not still basking?
It's so sad that after working so hard for so many years to be the best, many of the very people who are being represented respond in such a way.
Lash

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 01:11 pm
@engineer,
Well, actually, it was big news and he was roundly castrated for his ego n stuff. I mean, he was at the top of his game and decided to stay away.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 01:12 pm
@nqyringmind,
How horrible that the child was asked about her mother's finances. I almost want to find out the news org and crap on them online. Way out of bounds.
thack45

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 01:55 pm
@Lash,
When I think of journalists, I imagine filthy, opportunistic scavengers with a one track mind: appeal to the worst in decent people, appeal to their sense of morbid curiosity.

Is that bad?
Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 01:58 pm
Obviously, she was enjoying herself, having fun. Experiencing joy is bad enough, expressing it is unChrisitan, unAmerican. I think she's some kinda commie . . .
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 04:16 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

When I think of journalists, I imagine filthy, opportunistic scavengers with a one track mind: appeal to the worst in decent people, appeal to their sense of morbid curiosity.

Is that bad?
Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thack45

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 05:45 pm
@Irishk,
You got it.

*click*
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 06:13 pm
@thack45,
I can't decide who the lowest whores are - attys or journalists. At least attys do their handiwork in relative darkness.
0 Replies

brenden99

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 05:19 am
@roger,
I dont think there is any thing controversial, people can never be stopped from giving bad opinions. They are just jealous. She did not hurt anyone and it was the joy of her efforts and hardwork.
0 Replies