ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 12:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
always fascinating to watch so-called conservatives pushing for more government bureaucracy
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 12:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It takes a lot of chutzpah and ignorance to tell anyone they are "detached from reality," when you're the one with strange and unnecessary government issued ID requirements to vote to "prevent fraud" where none exists.

You are one confused dude with no common sense or logic.
C. I., I don 't usually think much of your posts;
low expectations
of your ability to reason,
but THIS TIME, I must thank u for giving me a hearty laff!!!

Will u complain of requirements that the same people must have
their pictures on their gun licenses, or on their driver's licenses ?????

Y have u failed to complain about that??
Thay carry guns to keep them ALIVE! That 's more important than voting.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 01:03 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Sorry Firefly the GOP is passing those laws in a clear intend to put enough barriers to stop as many poor from voting as possible and no one that is honest can question that fact.

Now yes very very determine poor citizens can not be stop by these laws however that is not what is being try here the GOP is trying to stop the less then hundred percent determine citizens from exercising their rights to vote.

You would not strip me of my right to vote if it would mean walking thirty miles to get an ID however there in zero justification to placed such barriers to vote in front of the poor using the excuse of dealing with a problem that does not exist.
Your arguments have little probative value and thay remain un-convincing.
The complaint is dismissed and Judgment Entered for the State Board of Elections.

David
BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 01:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes David the words of the lawmakers themselves is not enough for you however it is for most of the rest of us.

Take note that there had been no interfering with voting by way of absentee ballots as far too many of these voters vote for the GOP.

The GOP are showing themselves unfit to have power at any level of our governments due to these actions.

In a democracy there is no greater sin that to interfere with valid voters right to vote.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 01:34 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Yes David the words of the lawmakers themselves is not enough for you
however it is for most of the rest of us.
This website leans in your leftward direction;
hence that is probably true.

BillRM wrote:
Take note that there had been no interfering with voting by way of absentee ballots as far too many of these voters vote for the GOP.

The GOP are showing themselves unfit to have power at any level of our governments due to these actions.

In a democracy there is no greater sin that to interfere with valid voters right to vote.
I remember late on Election Night of 2OOO,
it was made known that the Democrats had (that night) hired
an attorney known for his prowess in keeping out votes,
to apply his skills against the incoming absentee ballots of US Soldiers, Sailors & Marines.

David
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 01:58 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry Firefly the GOP is passing those laws in a clear intend to put enough barriers to stop as many poor from voting as possible and no one that is honest can question that fact.

I said I wasn't talking about voting, in terms of the general need for people, including poorer people, to have a government issued photo ID. Without it, they will be excluded, or prohibited from, engaging in many important everyday transactions and activities--like even being able to pick up their prescription for a controlled drug at the pharmacy in the state I live in, as well as in several other states.

Since I wasn't talking about voting, but rather the need for everyone to have a government photo ID, for a multitude of other important reasons and uses, why you are implying that I don't understand the GOP motives in trying to pass the voter ID laws, makes no sense. Again, stop using me as a straw-man so you can have an excuse to continue to repeat an opinion of yours that is unrelated to my comments.

And, as far as the voting laws are concerned, the main problem was the very limited time frame they were giving people to obtain the necessary photo ID, given the fact that election day is fast approaching. If we were a year away from an election, it would be considerably less difficult for anyone, including a poorer person, who does not already have an acceptable ID, to make the one time trip to the DMV so they can get one. And, in Florida, where you live, I think the cost of the state non driver ID is only $3, which is quite reasonable.

If you really care about the plight of poorer people, you should urge them to obtain such an ID if they don't have one. The transactions of daily life are much easier for those who have such IDs than for those who lack them. And the hassle of making that one time trip to the DMV is much less than the hassle one can encounter, in numerous situations, from lacking such ID.

BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 02:08 pm
@firefly,
This thread is about voting not about the important of having IDs for other reasons.

Second, there is a whole subset of people who are at the lower end of society that are not serve by banks they use check cashing services and 7/11 money orders, and if they need a loan they go to a payday check store or a pawnshop, if they wish to have a TV set they can not pay for in full they do not pull out a credit card but use a rent to own and so on.

So no I can not exist without government IDs but people can and they do,
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 02:08 pm
@firefly,
About picking up prescription drugs; that's not true about having an ID. My wife picks up our son's prescription drugs without any need for an ID. That's true in California, but not sure about requirements in other states.

We belong to Kaiser, and my wife can pick up my prescription drugs. I can also order her drugs on my web account.

firefly

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:14 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
This thread is about voting not about the important of having IDs for other reasons.

Since you constantly drag your own preoccupations into all threads, no matter how irrelevant to the topic they are, you really aren't the one to decree that others adhere strictly to the topic.

And I brought up the general necessity to have a government photo ID because I think the attempts to pass the voter ID laws should be a wake-up call to anyone who doesn't already have such an ID to go out and acquire one. It is a definite disadvantage not to have one in today's world, and people shouldn't disadvantage themselves in that way. And you don't know what they will be required for in the future, so it's far better to have it beforehand
Quote:
Second, there is a whole subset of people who are at the lower end of society that are not serve by banks they use check cashing services and 7/11 money orders, and if they need a loan they go to a payday check store or a pawnshop, if they wish to have a TV set they can not pay for in full they do not pull out a credit card but use a rent to own and so on.
I've known people like that, and not all of them are very poor, although they do tend to have lower paying jobs. And all of those people would still benefit from having a government photo ID. They would also benefit even more by learning some better money management practices since, the less you have, the more careful you have to be about where it's going. These people wind up paying more in service charges, as well as overpaying, by a great deal, with those rent to buy items. The ones I've known could qualify to open an account in a bank rather than use a check cashing place, but they seem to rely on these check cashing places out of force of habit or because it's a familiar lifestyle.
Quote:
So no I can not exist without government IDs but people can and they do,

They could get along even better with that government photo ID, and they should be encouraged to get it.
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:21 pm
@firefly,
actually firefly, you are the one being irrelevant. This thread was started to discuss the voter ID card in PA and other states by comparison. The needs for a photo ID card to buy thibgs at SAMS CLUB is totally beyond the scope f our discussion.

You are correct, several places require a photo ID, *I even have a library card with my pic). Howeve, I couldnt use it to vote. Whereas, in order to GET AN OFFICIAL PHOTO ID FOR VOTING, many people would have to expend funds to get "true" copies of two forms of identification that PA accepts. In that regard, this law is a POLL TAX in Pa.
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:27 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Quote:
I've known people like that, And all of those people would still benefit from having a government photo ID. They would also benefit even more by learning some better money management practices since, the less you have, the more careful you have to be about where it's going. These people wind up paying more in service charges, as well as overpaying, by a great deal, with those rent to buy items.

This is also a tota;;y irrelevant digression/ Bill was using this as an example of the sort of people of whom he was speaking. You are now starting a diversion for how they can fix their statuses.

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:31 pm
@farmerman,
In Pa we are losing time . If this law is allowed to stand, many people will be disenfranchised (I have to keep draggin us back to the main point of MY thread).

Its SEPT 1 and the election is about 70 days away. It may take several weeks for people(who live a cash life without photo ids) to even find what they need to do. AS OF YET (and I went to the motor voter kiosk in Lancaster County) The Vogons havent gotten ANY advice or direction about the whole schmegeggie
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:01 pm
@farmerman,
That should be a good excuse to overthrow that ID law.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
In Pa we are losing time. If this law is allowed to stand, many people will be disenfranchised
(I have to keep draggin us back to the main point of MY thread).

Its SEPT 1 and the election is about 70 days away. It may take several weeks for people
(who live a cash life without photo ids) to even find what they need to do.
AS OF YET (and I went to the motor voter kiosk in Lancaster County)
Y don 't u come out against any and ALL registration, to delight them better ??
Just let any one (citizen or not) vote as ofen as he wants????

farmerman wrote:
The Vogons havent gotten ANY advice or direction about the whole schmegeggie
What is a Vogon ??
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:51 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
always fascinating to watch so-called conservatives
pushing for more government bureaucracy
The Board of Elections can probably handle the picture taking with extant personnel.
When pictures were added to our driver's licenses,
it did not prove to be any problem. That was true of our gun licenses too; no complaints.

The ONLY complaints are against stomping out Democratic voting fraud.
The Democrats consider that to be an ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM.
firefly

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
About picking up prescription drugs; that's not true about having an ID. My wife picks up our son's prescription drugs without any need for an ID. That's true in California, but not sure about requirements in other states.

These photo ID laws only pertain to prescriptions for controlled substances in my state, and most other states, and these are fairly new laws. California may not yet have such a law, or you may not be on any medication which is a controlled substance.
As of 2010, 22 States did have some sort of law or provision related to dispensing prescriptions: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia.
http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Poisoning/laws/id_req.htm[/quote]
The above link is not up to date. More states now require a photo ID from the person picking up a prescription for a controlled drug--North Carolina, for instance.
Quote:
Photo Identification and Other Monitoring

Most states require those picking up prescription bottles with controlled substance drugs to present photo identification. Many states also use electronic prescription monitoring databases; these systems track what kind of prescription drug bottles individuals pick up in an effort to curb abuse or illegal prescription drug sales.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_6195462_laws-prescription-drug-bottles.html#ixzz25ApZLuCA

I expect that these photo ID requirements, to pick up controlled drugs at the pharmacy will become nationwide.
This article, intended for pharmacists, explains why these requirements are being put into place
http://www.naddi.org/aws/NADDI/asset_manager/get_file/43173/1-12.pdf

Having a valid government photo ID is necessary for more and more things. Those who don't have one should get one, and every state should make sure they are obtainable by those who need them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 07:28 pm
@firefly,
Thanks, that was helpful.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 07:33 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
actually firefly, you are the one being irrelevant. This thread was started to discuss the voter ID card in PA and other states by comparison. The needs for a photo ID card to buy thibgs at SAMS CLUB is totally beyond the scope f our discussion.

Then you don't understand what I am talking about. I'm not talking about photo library cards or photo Sam's Club cards.

You now need to show an approved government photo ID card in order to pick up your prescription for Vicodin, or Valium, or any other controlled drug that your doctor might prescribe for you, before the pharmacist will give it to you in my state and several other states. It is exactly the form of ID they are trying to require for voting in Pennsylvania.

Being able to obtain needed medication is also important. And now many people might need a government photo ID card in order to obtain some types of prescription medications that they need.

My point is simply that people--all people--need to have these government photo ID cards, because they are required for so many things. And I hope the attempts to pass these voting laws will result in more people getting them, for reasons other than voting.

And I share your concern about the voting law in Pennsylvania, particularly since the time until election day is growing shorter. I hope implementation of the law will be blocked. If it is not, not only will some people be disenfranchised, I think there will be chaos at the polls on election day in your state.

There was a victory in Ohio today against one Republican effort to restrict voting.
Quote:
Judge pauses Ohio early voting restriction
Posted by
CNN's Gregory Wallace
(CNN) - A federal court in Ohio on Friday ruled that a change in the state's early voting procedures, which closed polls to most individuals the weekend prior to Election Day, was "likely" unconstitutional and granted a request from the Obama campaign to put enforcement of the law on hold.

The court acknowledged an argument that "low-income and minority voters are disproportionately affected by elimination" of the three days of polling for many voters and said "there is no definitive evidence... that elections boards would be tremendously burdened" by returning poll access to the standard before recent changes to the state's laws.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/31/ohio-judge-pauses-early-voting-restriction/

Although in Ohio the issue wasn't voter ID, it was still a Republican effort to try to restrict voting by minority and low-income Democrats.

BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 08:14 pm
@firefly,
I did a fast check on the silk road darknet site and found that at the moment no one happen to be selling PA driver licenses however they are selling Texas licenses along with a number of other states

When my state of Florida came up with a new driver license that was suppose to be proof from counterfeiting someone broke int0 a driver license station and stolen four of the new lic manufacturing machines within the first week. Kind of amusing.........

Here is the offer for a Texas driver license on the silk road in any case.

New Texas Drivers License(Raised LTR, Holo, Scans)

฿18.56 add to cart

seller: KingOfClubs(94)
ships from: undeclared
ships to: Worldwide
category: Fake IDs
bookmark this item

postage options:
Regular (฿0) Express (฿2.87)?
These options are displayed here for your information only. You must choose a shipping option from your shopping cart before checking out. Description

**Price Includes Free Regular Shipping Worldwide**

New version Texas Drivers License with raised (laser engraved) lettering, scannable tracks (1, 2, 3) and hologram features!

I can also do a Texas University Student ID for a second piece, will provide a combo deal if interested

ID FORM:

(Whatever info you provide below will be the same info that goes on the card, please double check to make sure there are no mistakes)

Name:
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY):
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Issue Date: (If you don't provide an issue date i'll make one up for you)
Address: (If you don't provide an address ill make one up for you)
-Attach 1 photo taken with a digital camera, against a white wall, from the shoulders up (Provide 2 pics if you want the combo deal with student card)
-If you want your own signature, draw the sig in black ink on white paper, take a closeup pic of the sig with a digital camera. If you don't send a sig, i'll make one up for you.
**Please provide only high quality pics**

The fastest way to send your ID form is to send me an encrypted message with your info, links to pictures, and shipping details. To upload images and get links use Onion Image Uploader: http://xfq5l5p4g3eyrct7.onion/

If you don't encrypt messages yet, use privnote.com, its been very useful for new users. Or e-mail the info at [email protected]

**Please provide your ID form before or during checkout, this avoids possible late/cancelled orders (it's difficult to keep track of orders on my end when the ID form hasn't been sent by the buyer), also remember to include your shipping details at checkout**

As soon as the ID is done I'll send you a picture of the finished product so you can check it out before I ship it. I require buyers with less than 10 transactions to finalize early.

Want to be picture perfect? Guidelines: http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5300.html

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.9.0 - not licensed for commercial use: www.pgp.com
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=
=R4AS
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

firefly

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 08:40 pm
@BillRM,
One can always count on you to post info on how to obtain anything that's illegal.