is P.A included?

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:01 pm
in the constitution, there's mistype of pensylvania. i live in PENNSYLVANIA. there is no pensylvania. there is only Pennsylvania. do i have immunity to federal laws? furthermore, does that make all laws proposed by Pennsylvanian representatives unconstitutional?

roger

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:12 pm
@hamilton,
In which article does this occur?
hamilton

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:13 pm
@roger,
the signing. check it out...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:33 pm
@hamilton,
In a word, no.

Joe(in two words, Hell no. )Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 02:03 am
In the signatures ? ! ? ! ?

Wait . . . so you're saying that as one of the representatives of Pennsylvania was too stupid to correctly spell the name of his own state, the state is excused their constitutional privileges and obligations?

If you ever end up in court, be sure to get a good lawyer. Do not attempt to represent yourself. Thank you.
hamilton

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 05:58 am
@Setanta,
well, yes, i do, as ive explained above. the constitution applies to Pensylvania, not Pennsylvania.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:16 am
Oh horseshit--you can't be that stupid. The state of Pennsylvania ratified the constitution, and that's what matters.
hamilton

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:50 am
@Setanta,
1. swearing really does not make you look at all smarter. all it is is a pathetic attempt to get a reaction (which, not quite not so pathetically, but still somewhat pathetically, i reacted to)
2. its not Pennsylvania thats signed that document, its Pensylvania.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:50 am
@Setanta,
but thanks for your confidence in me.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 08:34 am
Pensylvania
Same spelling as is on the Liberty Bell.
Joe(Now what? No Liberty?)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 08:42 am
First, i have no c0nfidence in you--assuming that you are not this stupid now appears to have been an unwarranted assumption on my part. Next, as i've already pointed out, the signature of the delegate is meaningless--it is the ratification of the document which matters. Finally, for however unpleasant one may find the word horseshit, it's not swearing.

You really are this stupid, huh?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 08:51 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

in the constitution, there's mistype of pensylvania. i live in PENNSYLVANIA. there is no pensylvania. there is only Pennsylvania.

On the contrary. "Pennsylvania" is a misprint of "Pensylvania." There is no "Pennsylvania," only "Pensylvania." And Zul.

hamilton wrote:
do i have immunity to federal laws?

Yes, of course you do. Why would you think otherwise?

hamilton wrote:
furthermore, does that make all laws proposed by Pennsylvanian representatives unconstitutional?

No. There are plenty of other reasons why all laws proposed by Pensylvania representatives are unconstitutional, but that's not one of them.
hamilton

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 11:31 am
@joefromchicago,
ok...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 01:32 pm
I must really be out of luck. I'm from New Mexico.
hamilton

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 01:34 pm
@roger,
sucks for you...
hahaha (i just robbed a bank)
(that was an example of my bad humor. im just kidding.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 01:57 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

in the constitution, there's mistype of pensylvania.

where'd you see a typed Constitution?

your problem may be bigger than a 'mistype'
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 02:08 am
@ehBeth,
That's hysterical.
==

There was a movement (OK, more like eight guys) who decided on their own a few year ago that if they only drove on the Farm Roads in Texas, as opposed to the State Highways, they didn't have to buy a license plate for their trucks.

(These types never drive cars.)

It made several County Clerks laugh out loud in open court.

The eight guys did not laugh.
Joe(But they were serious, so that was to be expected)Nation
roger

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 04:44 am
@Joe Nation,
Lemme tell you something funny. When I worked for an O & G well servicing company, we didn't need a license plate for the workover rigs. They were "permitted" as their weight was always in excess of 82,000 lbs. The annual $25.00 permit fee was distinctly less than the fee for any other vehicle. In Colorado, we did need a plate if we were on state highways. If we could have found a way to enter the Southern Ute Reservation without crossing state highways, we would have been good there, too.

I question the logic of your farm boys, but it does seem to have spread.
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 07:50 am
@roger,
Well as you well know, Roger, there's lot's of stuff on the backroads and farmroads that don't have plates. When you are riding your bicycle up in the Osage or out in any Oklahoma County, you are constantly coming upon, depending upon the season, tractors with dragplows or tillers, haymakers, combines and the occasional water well rig.

That's not even counting the oil company stuff, the kind of thing you are talking about. There's stripper wells all out through there that need fixing of one sort or another all the time.

I do feel a little bit for those truck guys, probably everything else on the ranch or farm wasn't tagged. (I don't know if it's the same now, but, in the 80's, if you were using a motorcycle or a four-wheeler for herding cattle, you couldn't drive it on the roads, but you didn't have to tag it. (There was some restriction on how much modification you could do it so it wasn't just a pleasure racer pretending to be a workhorse.)
=
I was on a bike-ride one time when I met a cowboy in Wewoka (sounds like a song, don't it?) he was steamed. He's been driving his truck into town from out East somewhere when it broke down. No problem. He rolled the work motorcycle off the back of the truck and proceeded to drive it about a couple of miles towards the 7-11 "To get help and some beer." That's when the County Sheriff's Deputy drove by. No tag. No ride.
This is in the days before cellphones. Calls to the ranchhouse weren't being answered. He couldn't leave the motorcycle there and walk back. The bike didn't need keys to start it, just flip a switch and kick it. (There are dishonest people in Oklahoma, sorry to say.)

He'd been sitting there for about three hours waiting for somebody to come looking for him.
So, we intrepid cyclists took down the directions to the house. We rode out past the railroad and over across a couple of section lines and, after a couple more turns, found the place. They were so grateful that we would do that, bring the message.

We were headed up to Seminole or Okemah, I forget which, (I've ridden through that part of Oklahoma several times) they wanted to drive us the rest of the way, but we said, "No thanks."
They couldn't believe that we would ride a bicycle all that way. (We were doing 60-80 miles or so.) We got a big laugh when we said that the next the cowboy took the truck to the store, he should instead of a motorcycle, he should put a bike in the back.

Joe(Those were good days)Nation
roger

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 02:06 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

(There are dishonest people in Oklahoma, sorry to say.)

Joe(Those were good days)Nation

Ever hear of an Okie Credit Card? Know anyone in the US that hasn't?
0 Replies