Looking to buy a glass entry door..

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 05:30 pm
I'm remodeling my home and would like to purchase a glass entry door, but have found the ones at Home Depot and Lowe's to be less that satisfactory. Unfortunately, I don't have $1,000's to spend on something made by Italian craftsmen and shipped to me either. Any suggestions on low-moderate priced doors that are actually nice looking? I've googled and haven't come up with much. I have standard sized opening on a new home.
Thank you!

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:02 pm
@Thomas L,
Pella, maybe?

I had a local place to call on, they are very good and I was happy with them. I think Pella was somewhat comparable though, if more expensive.

I agree re: Home Depot and Lowe's.

edit: no door is all glass, so you might want to try searching for just plain entry doors, and then get a type that is mostly glass (windows).
Thomas L

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:07 pm
@sozobe,
Thank you, Sozobe. I'll definitely take a look and see what Pella has to offer. I hadn't thought about the Google search results not being that great because of my choice of keywords. I'll try "entry doors" out.

Thanks
0 Replies

Anderson Smith

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 04:13 am
@Thomas L,
Your front door makes a strong statement about your home. A beautiful, top-quality door improves your home's appearance, makes visitors feel welcome and boosts your home's curb appeal.
0 Replies