Need a QUICK consensus (within next three hours quick!)

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 06:59 am
So the family and I are on vacation currently visiting my father and brother. My girls are 2 and 4. We drove 14 hours to get here..

My brother and father would like us to drive an additional 4 hours to their house and stay an extra two or three days, however they will both be working at times.

That would then make our drive home 19 hours (as opposed to 14) and put an additional 8 hours of driving on the girls total...

I am not sure what to do.... go and stay two or three days with limited "quality" family time or accept that we have had a great vacation and leave it at that and go home..

WWYD???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,167 • Replies: 6

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 07:08 am
@Crazielady420,
When was the last time your father and brother travelled 19 hours to spend a few hours with you?

I'd say thanks, but no thanks. The kids don't need a 19+ hour drive to get home. it might be different if they were going to spend all of the time you were there with the girls. Slightly different. I'd still say no.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 07:11 am
@Crazielady420,
My thought is don't sacrifice your (immediate) family's quality time. It'd be far different if they were going to be home. Your burden is far too great for such an expense of driving time. Will you not be seeing your Dad and bro otherwise?

And...your children are only 2 and 4 yrs of age? Oh HELL no!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 07:13 am
I would politely but firmly refuse. Hell, a fourteen hour drive with two
children so young is brutal. Nineteen? Out of the question.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 07:17 am
Oh thank goodness you all said that... that was my reaction as well but I felt out numbered!

I agree, I'd like to take our time going home and spend some quality family time.

We've traveled here 6 times now and they my father has come up to Boston twice and my brother once...

I am sticking to my decision to leave, I think the girls are far too young to be jumping around from place to place and ruining their current routine, etc.

Thanks everyone, you're the best!!!!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 07:34 am
@Crazielady420,
you're the mom - you make the decisions

pooh on the people putting pressure on you
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 10:24 pm
When I planned to go to New York a bunch of years ago, somewhat for business reasons and somewhat for my childhood memories and somewhat to meet some a2kers, I felt very pressured by a woman who was very insistent on my coming to see her home in Pennsylvania. I spent a lot of time saying no. I now regret that I spent any time arguing, as no is no. As it was, I didn't meet some other people I was interested in, who lived in the city or adjacent.

Stand your ground. This is your trip.
0 Replies