Mass Shooting At Denver Batman Movie Premiere

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 12:47 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:
It's not assault weapons that is the problem, or the manufacturing of these weapons would be stopped. It is people. Normal people can snap, and allowing a fully automatic assault rifle in their hands is just not worth the risk.

For civilian purposes, a semi auto or "non-assault" rifle is more than enough for recreational activity and "protection."

You don't seem to know what you are talking about. I don't know how I managed to miss it in your previous post, but I'll have to go back and answer again.

Assault weapons legislation deals ONLY with semi-autos. Not a single full auto is covered by assault weapons legislation.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 12:47 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:
Well I'll be glad to point out the lethality if you want.
Give an idiot a M16A1, and another a M4A3. Both are equally crazy and amateur with their guns and they are in a crowded place. Both are given a set amount of time, but with endless ammo.
Spray and pray will get more innocent civilians killed or injured in the given amount of time.

Nice try, but those are full auto weapons. They have nothing to do with legislation that is devoted only to semi-autos.

They also have nothing to do with the question of whether the government has any reason to ban harmless cosmetic features like pistol grips and flash suppressors.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:05 pm
@oralloy,
Semi autos aren't selective fire. Selective fire guns are assault rifles.
You must be archaic, what you're talking about ended in 2004. You are arguing over the federal ban that was expired in 2004.
You are really ignorant.

M16A1 has a full auto feature, and M4A3 is semi auto.

Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:06 pm
@oralloy,
You are not worth my time.
I'm gonna stop feeding you, troll. Starve and die!
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:09 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Atom Blitzer wrote:
It's not assault weapons that is the problem, or the manufacturing of these weapons would be stopped. It is people. Normal people can snap, and allowing a fully automatic assault rifle in their hands is just not worth the risk.

For civilian purposes, a semi auto or "non-assault" rifle is more than enough for recreational activity and "protection."

You don't seem to know what you are talking about. I don't know how I managed to miss it in your previous post, but I'll have to go back and answer again.

Assault weapons legislation deals ONLY with semi-autos. Not a single full auto is covered by assault weapons legislation.

Incidentally, if you want to shift from assault weapons to military weaponry, I can argue that issue too.

Remember that personal self defense is only one aspect of the Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment also requires the government to have an armed militia, and protects the right of those militiamen to own their own weapons and to keep them in their own homes.

Such weapons would include automatic rifles, grenades/grenade launchers, and bazookas.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:31 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:
Semi autos aren't selective fire.

Yes. That is why it was really silly for you to bring up selective fire guns to make a point in a discussion about semi-autos.

Atom Blitzer wrote:
You must be archaic, what you're talking about ended in 2004. You are arguing over the federal ban that was expired in 2004.

Yes. That is indeed what everyone here was talking about.

Nothing archaic about it. The Constitution is still in force. Such legislation is just as unconstitutional today as it was then.

Atom Blitzer wrote:
You are really ignorant.

You engage in namecalling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.

Atom Blitzer wrote:
M16A1 has a full auto feature,

Yes. That is why your example was meaningless in a discussion about semi-autos.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:34 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:
You are not worth my time.

In other words, you have no way to argue against any of the facts I presented.

Atom Blitzer wrote:
I'm gonna stop feeding you, troll. Starve and die!

It is dishonest of you to lie about me simply because you can't come up with a decent argument.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
Let me get this through your thick skull.

Common illogical American thinking: If everyone had a gun, the world would be a better place.
Remember the wild old western days, more problems were created than problems were solved.

For arguments sake, let's say all innocent citizens had a gun, let's even say Military grade weapons. That doesn't mean crime will stop. Criminals will evolve and find a way around it, like Kevlar vests, shock and awe tactics, bigger guns, etc.
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 01:56 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
But in your world the only ones who will be arm are the predators as no ban or law will stop the illegal sell of firearms or in the US make hundreds of millions of firearms disappear.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:01 pm
@BillRM,
Do you think laws will completely stop the illegal trade of firearms?
That's a naive idea.
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:24 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
No but you seems to think it would be a good idea to disarmed the people who will obey the laws and only leaved those who will not arm.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:43 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:
Let me get this through your thick skull.

Pretty big words from someone who couldn't hope to ever challenge me on a factual matter.

Atom Blitzer wrote:
Common illogical American thinking: If everyone had a gun, the world would be a better place.
Remember the wild old western days, more problems were created than problems were solved.

I take it you are abandoning your previous line of gibberish?

OK, let's address your new line of gibberish. Most of the supposed "Old West" is a fiction of Hollywood, and there is nothing whatsoever to justify a claim that guns caused more problems than they solved.

Regardless, the Constitution protects our right to carry guns for self defense, and it would do so even if you did have some sort of plausible basis for suggesting that guns cause a big problem.

Atom Blitzer wrote:
For arguments sake, let's say all innocent citizens had a gun, let's even say Military grade weapons. That doesn't mean crime will stop. Criminals will evolve and find a way around it, like Kevlar vests, shock and awe tactics, bigger guns, etc.

So?

(I'd like to see personal body armor try to stand up to a shoulder-fired anti-tank rocket. Twisted Evil )
parados

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Because the liberals violated the Constitution in 1934
and this has not yet been rectified.

Of course you would argue that the Supreme Court isn't really supreme.

If we follow your logic then nothing is constitutional simply because there is no body that makes that decision.
parados

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Incidentally, the Supreme Court will be ruling assault weapon bans unconstitutional within the next 10 years, and they will use the very arguments I posted here when they do it.

Care to bet on that? Or are you arguing that the NRA will be so weakened that a ban will be put in place?
parados

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:56 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

parados wrote:
So let me get this straight then oralloy.
A flash suppressor has no purpose at all?

Not exactly. It does something. It's just that that something doesn't make the gun more lethal.

And much more importantly, the government has no legitimate reason to ban flash suppressors.

oh.. so something that is merely cosmetic is functional.

You must live a lovely life in your world where contradictory things are really the same thing.
spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 03:08 pm
@parados,
Quote:

I would argue that too.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 03:08 pm
@parados,
DAVID wrote:
Because the liberals violated the Constitution in 1934
and this has not yet been rectified.
parados wrote:
Supremacy is in the Constitution itself.
The Justices of the USSC r the technicians who apply
the terms of the Constitution. In any case, the USSC is eradicating gun control, whatever its speed.

parados wrote:
If we follow your logic then nothing is constitutional
simply because there is no body that makes that decision.
I accept their holdings, to the extent that it is reasonable.
When Justice Ginsberg tells us that her vote in US Constitutional interpretation
was influenced by the law of alien jurisdictions, I cannot accept that
as being legitimate -- no better than if she had admitted to taking a bribe.

David
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 03:09 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Oralloy wrote:
Incidentally, the Supreme Court will be ruling assault weapon bans unconstitutional within the next 10 years, and they will use the very arguments I posted here when they do it.

Care to bet on that?

Sure. It is a sure thing that the government has no legitimate reason for banning pistol grips or flash suppressors.

I never bet money though, so the only prize can be the ability to say "I won the bet".

parados wrote:
Or are you arguing that the NRA will be so weakened that a ban will be put in place?

The NRA has Congress well under control. However, there are a number of state and local assault weapons bans, and they are just as unconstitutional as a federal ban would be.

After the Supreme Court rules that all jurisdictions have to allow the general populace to carry arms in public, assault weapons are a likely next step. (However, they could decide to do New Jersey's ban on hollowpoint ammo next.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 03:12 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:
BillRM wrote:
as no ban or law will stop the illegal sell of firearms

Do you think laws will completely stop the illegal trade of firearms?
That's a naive idea.

Sheesh!

Loss for words.
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 03:14 pm
@oralloy,
Prime example as to why civilians should not have military grade weapons.

Why don't you stick to playing video games?