Bagels!?! We got bagels!!

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 12:05 pm
sure, I guess. But, I just happen to be more of a cat person than a bunny person. I wouldn't consume either.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 01:42 pm
Well - herbivores are, generally, healthier to eat than carnivores - toxins and stuff concentrate, they say, as you move up the food chain....

But eating li'l pussycats is just disgusting - cos we have given them a special status in our lives and it simply ISN'T PART OF THE BARGAIN - ok? Like dogs, OK?!

And don't smegging well eat rabbits either!

I consider all these bunny stew comments that have been going around lately tasteless, to say the least - harrumph.

(stalks off with great dignity - flicking little bunny tail high dudgeonly ..... and I don't care that that isn't a word...ok?)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 01:48 pm
Aaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 01:50 pm
At what, or whom, are you aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhing, Margo?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 01:57 pm
Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh - bagels.

I though this was a bagel-free zone. Next they'll be talking about chopped liver, and who knows where that can lead???????????

Puke!!! I'm outta here!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:20 pm
Mr. Stillwater, I confess to you a certain degree of envy that you probably have better tasting bagels in Australia than they have here in the Midwest.

I'm originally from the Northeast, and it was a family tradition to have bagels and lox every Sunday for breakfast. Here in middle america there isn't a hint of smoked salmon in sight, and quite frankly, it would be wasted on the bagels.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:23 pm
Love smoked salmon, especially well-prepared gravlax (sp?) . . . can't abide bagels, avoid them like the plague . . .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:27 pm
Gala, do you have an Einstein Brothers (bagel chain) around? They seem pretty ubiquitous, and have surprisingly good traditional bagels with lox. (Even capers!)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:29 pm
I ate a rabbit the other day. It tasted just like cat.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:30 pm
(another costco plug)

Costco has great, great deals on large amounts (18 oz. or two pounds at a shot, I think), for around twelve bucks. It's farmed salmon (which some folks don't approve of), and it's not the tenderest, flakiest stuff around, but the bargain can't be beat.

(And great for making salmon mousse, should you be so inclined.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:30 pm
I ate a cat the other day. It tasted just like p-------- oh, never mind.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:33 pm
HEHEHEH!

I actually did eat a rabbit. My point is, that I have no proof that it wasn't actually a kitty! Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:34 pm
Aw cripe call me "actually cjhsa". I hate it when I do that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:36 pm
chjsa, actually, I totally get in these "actually"/ "totally"/ "really" ruts where I really can't seem to stop totally using those words more than is actually called for.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:39 pm
Here's Noah's Bagels. Unfortunately they don't ship food items from their webstore.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:40 pm
Since we are all on line, then i suppose what you've written to be virtually true . . .

Patiodog, come on now, you can't make a salmon into a moose . . .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 02:40 pm
Sozobe that's actually totally funny! Really!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 03:03 pm
sozobe, I'm not familiar with Einstein Brothers. I went to the link you provided, but I found it kind of confusing so I was unable to find any of their locations (I'm impatient with websites that are heavy on the design, but don't make navigating them simple). I'm located in Indiana. If I see one around, I will defintiely stop in now that you've recommended it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 03:07 pm
soz -

next time you find yourself in the neighborhood, there are some very good bagels at the Polish bakery on Damen between Chicago and Divison. They're open on Saturday and closed on Sunday -- but the bagels are still very good!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 03:08 pm
Hey, Boss, give me a zip code in Indiana, an' i'll see if i can find locations for you . . . i went there an found a location guide right away . . .
0 Replies