Cheney-War Profiteer, Criminal?

pistoff

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 10:12 pm
Cheney-War Profiteer, Criminal?

"Terrorists continue to plot against America and the civilized world," he said. "We see them for what they are - killers who will not be stopped by negotiations, by peace treaties, by appeals to reason or conscience. In the war on terror, we have only one option, and that is to take the fight to the enemy."
-- Dick Cheney, at a fundraiser in Albuquerque today

"Neo Fascists, Bush, Cheney, Rummy, Rove ad nauseum continue to plot against America and the civilized world," "We see them for what they are - killers who will not be stopped by negotiations, by peace treaties, by appeals to reason or conscience. In the war on Neo Fascists, we have only one option, and that is to take the fight to the enemy, The Neo Fascists."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 675 • Replies: 9
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 07:19 am
Why would you take the side of terrorists over your own government?

I sometimes think that Bush ran over your dog when you were a youngster and you just haven't gotten over it yet...
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 12:08 pm
McGentrix, do a bunch of tax-looters and land-grabbing professional gangsters, who achieved their positions in power through a mixture of vote-rigging and political corruption, deserve recognition as a legitimate government? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 12:14 pm
In your opinion, obviously no.

However, as there is no evidence of vote-rigging or political corruption or being gangsters or land-grabbing, I would tend to believe that they are indeed a legitamate government.
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 12:25 pm
Democracy is like communism. They both work in theory, yet in practise, they degenerate over time until the government collapses.

Lets just get it over with, Anarchy is the way to go. :wink:
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 05:49 pm
A clear choice
This election presents a clear choice between Dictatorship of the Neo Fascists, a group that has taken over the Repub Party or the Democrats.

At this time America is an Oligarchy. It may remain an Oligarchy with a Democractic Pres. and VP yet the hope is that under the Democrat Admin. the Civil Rights of American citizens will be restored if the Patriot Act 1 & 2 restore habeous corpus.

BTW Is VP Cheney a war profiteer and a war criminal? Is he one or the other, both -neither ?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 05:59 pm
Just an inquiry, but what rights have you actually lost Pistoff?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:56 pm
If
If the US Govt, FBI etc. wish to deem me as an "enemy combatant", &/or aiding a terrorist group, all they need to do is come to my house and take me to one of their detention centers and keep me there for however many years they feel like. There need not be any charges, no attorney for me. They can also get all of my financial transactions, library check outs, leave a bug in my house without a court order and read all my emails or any thing I have on my PC. The Govt. could hold a secret trial where all that goes on at the trial will remain secret. Will any of that happen? Probably not but it could. It could happen to almost anyone.

Americans have lost their rights.

This doesn't seem to bother most Americans. This doesn't bother you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 08:25 pm
I don't believe you have all your facts straight on this...
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 09:21 pm
?
I am open to be corrected so bring it on.
0 Replies