Painter information?

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 06:13 pm
I was wondering about the painter K. Boxy. I have a painting that he or she painted. I wanted to know about them and how much the painting would tell for. Also what year was the painting done?

Here are a couple pictures. Hope this helps
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/cutiepie5716/?action=view&current=2012-07-0319_52_43.jpg

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/cutiepie5716/?action=view&current=2012-07-0319_54_44.jpg

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 06:51 pm
@Trickybunny225,
You're kidding.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 08:02 pm
@Trickybunny225,
Trickybunny225 wrote:

I was wondering about the painter K. Boxy. I have a painting that he or she painted. I wanted to know about them and how much the painting would tell for. Also what year was the painting done?

It's The School of Sofa Art. Value $10-$25. Year: odds are it's younger than me.
Mame

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 08:18 pm
@Green Witch,
School of Sofa Art - lol ... actually it could almost be a Bob Ross except I don't see a 'happy little' anything in it.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 08:41 pm
@Mame,
are we now going to piss off this new member with snide comments about how this painting stacks up against Caif Impressionists??

Foul critics.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 08:54 pm
@farmerman,
The second one interests me as I've thrown in my version of spontaneous asian trophs in my own paintings, but the first link is a basic annoyance.
Trickybunny225

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 04:05 pm
@ossobuco,
I just wanted to know about it. Bought it at a flea market and thought it was cool. wanted to know who K. Boxy is.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 04:27 pm
@farmerman,
You are right, I was rude, and so I apologize to Trickybunny.

You, farmerman, were just as rude if not more so to a new art questioner who didn't show a photo link with the question, just a few days ago. So we could both be better at this.

Trickybunny, what matters is that you like what you like. Enjoy having the piece you found.

You could probably google K. Boxy, and might or might not find the person.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:08 pm
@Trickybunny225,
What the heck. I bought a painting that happened to be piled with a bunch of others in a house that was soon to be sold. I got it for under four dollars, paid nearly eighty to have it framed, and kept it hanging in my office for years. I love it, even though I can't make out the signature of the artist. She is the daughter of the deceased homeowner.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:24 pm
@Trickybunny225,
Paintings like this are usually not done by an individual artist, but created in more of a factory like environment for the home decorating market. A subject matter is assigned and a basic sketch is created by a designer. Often these designs are printed from a computer onto a canvas. Then various people will fill in the drawing based on their specialty. One guy comes by and paints the sky, another clouds, another the trees and rocks and yet another does the water. Somewhere along the line someone gets to makeup a name and sign it. Italy used to produce all of this stuff, but over the last couple of decades China has taken over the market. The fact that you like it is all that matters, but don't go crazy trying to find a single artist. Most likely "K. Boxy" is someone's dog or the signer saw a Special K box of cereal in the corner and took the inspiration from that.
Trickybunny225

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:50 pm
@Green Witch,
It's ok I accept your apology. I didn't come here to argue or anything. Just wanted to see if anyone knew. Thanks for your replies. It is a really nice painting and have it hanging in my living room. It was in an ugly white frame and the guy at the flea market said we could have it for $45 and we can pick out the frame that we like and they even put it in there for us. It doesn't matter to me if it is worth any money. Just something to decorate with. We've had it in the house for 20 years
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:50 pm
@Green Witch,
That's why I reacted with "you're kidding". But still... liking things you think are beautiful is a good step in an enjoyment of life - in my opinion.

I didn't come from an art knowledgeable background, though I took a couple of classes in art history in college. I liked posters. I had some friends that were creative. I got more interested. Interest starts somewhere..
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:14 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add one more thing. I think of art as play. Of course it is also a business, but definitely not always; it is many times an expression. It's an intellectual contretemps. It can be war, or subterfuge. Many things.
0 Replies

joannawood1245

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 06:33 am
@ossobuco,
haha
0 Replies

semb1314

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 07:18 pm
@Trickybunny225,
I can not help you, guy.
0 Replies