Miller

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:11 pm
@McGentrix,
quote="McGentrix"
Quote:
People in Massachusetts have the option of moving out of Mass if they don't like that.

If we don't like the Mass health insurance rule, we have the option of not buying health insurance. If this is our choice, we will have to pay a penalty and submit this info on our Mass Income Tax form.

Miller

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:13 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

...and Romney is going to have to deal with this.

When Romney is in the WhiteHouse, Obamacare (!) will be flushed down the sewer.
Miller

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:16 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Did people leave Massachusetts as a result of Romneycare?

Probably more left when gays were granted the right to marry each other.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

... but the western part of the state and a lot of the city population could definitely use more jobs.

These are also the individuals who need more Medicaid and Mass Health as their health insurance plans.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:21 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

roger wrote:

...and Romney is going to have to deal with this.

When Romney is in the WhiteHouse, Obamacare (!) will be flushed down the sewer.

Not going to happen, Foofie.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:22 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

quote="McGentrix"
Quote:
People in Massachusetts have the option of moving out of Mass if they don't like that.

If we don't like the Mass health insurance rule, we have the option of not buying health insurance. If this is our choice, we will have to pay a penalty and submit this info on our Mass Income Tax form.

Great news for you, then! You can now do the same thing on the Federal level.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:25 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

How about I just go back and collect your own posts about your disappointments with Mr. Obama?

Cerebral deterioration accompanies old age.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 12:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm still not getting my question answered.

Too bad!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:08 pm
C.I.
I love you, man, but this is not the worst time in US History for venom filled statements being made from Members of Congress towards either the President or each other. Look up Preston Brooks for the worst example of a thug ever elected to public office.
The period between 1845 and 1870, leading up to the Civil War, and the after period of repercussions and revenge were not America's proudest moments.

It may have gotten worse out in the countryside during 1870's with the rise of both the Red Shirts and the KKK.

The present shitheads in the GOP, sorry, the TeaPartiers, would like to think that the present contains a similar revolutionary spirit, but they are weak-kneed cowards when compared to those original hate groups.

Joe(screw them)Nation
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:09 pm
re Miller, and we all hope the two people who left MA when same sex marriage was legalized, and the one person who left when Romneycare was passed, find happiness in whatever squalid hellhole of a red state they ended up in intead.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
True, that, Joe. We've had a lion's share of thugs and shits-for-brains in Washington historically. The 1870s were known as 'the Gilded Age' for a reason. The gilt was to hide the ugly tarnish.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I find it very fascinating to see people like Miller who would rather not have a national benefit, but still benefits from them. I believe the correct name for them is "hypocrite," and totally self-defeating.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:39 pm
@Joe Nation,
My knowledge of American political history as it pertains to the 19th century is not good. Rather, my perspective about politics have been influenced more by what has happened during my voting years since the early fifties.

I find the current political scene atrocious compared to the past, because of the political divisions that has established itself since GW Bush's tenure.

His speech about "I'm a uniter, not a divider" is about the most contradictory statement of his presidency.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

... in whatever squalid hellhole of a red state they ended up in intead.

Which "squalid hellhole of a red state " are you referring to?

I suppose you know that most enlisted USA military personal today come from rural and southern (RED) states.

These are the people who are fighting for your "right" to call others crude names . Your attempt to degrade those individuals who are either from or are living in Red States is disgusting, to say the least.

You need to apologize for your apparent insensitivity to those who live in Red States and who valiantly serve or have served our country,as these are the very individuals to whom you owe so much for the freedom you apparently take for granted

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:53 pm
@Miller,
No, he really doesn't. The states you mention often have the highest levels of poverty per capita, the highest level of unemployment, the lowest levels of insurance coverage per capita, and the worst educational outcomes. They also tend to have the highest divorce rates and highest rates of child pregnancies. In the case of the South, specifically, they also tend to be hotter than hell and downright miserable to live in for half the year.

So, yeah. I'd say he was pretty accurate. People who join the armed forces from these states do so in large part to escape the place, because they have no other prospect of doing so. And I should know - I come from a southern, red state that has all these problems, and I know many people who joined the military for that exact reason.

Cycloptichorn
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 02:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So many people from so-called Red States join the military because there are no other jobs available back home.

(Btw, am I the only one to find it chuckle-inspiring that conservative GOP states are now called 'Red' states? The color red was anathema to all true conservatives while Communism was seen as the 'Red menace.' I was often called a 'Pinko' because of my somewhat liberal bent. Who do we call 'pinnkos' now? Conservative sympathizers who haven't quite joined the Repub. party yet?)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 02:39 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

So many people from so-called Red States join the military because there are no other jobs available back home.

(Btw, am I the only one to find it chuckle-inspiring that conservative GOP states are now called 'Red' states? The color red was anathema to all true conservatives while Communism was seen as the 'Red menace.' I was often called a 'Pinko' because of my somewhat liberal bent. Who do we call 'pinnkos' now? Conservative sympathizers who haven't quite joined the Repub. party yet?)

Yes, that's always been surprising to me too, the way that the colors identifying the parties has flipped.

'Better dead than Red!'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 09:01 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
These are the people who are fighting for your "right" to call others crude names . Your attempt to degrade those individuals who are either from or are living in Red States is disgusting, to say the least.

Well done Miller, sometimes I forget that you are joking.
revelette

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 09:17 am
How Obamacare Would Have Helped Workers Laid Off By Bain
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 10:04 am
@revelette,
I find it interesting that some doe-doe would give your post a thumb's down with an article that proves why Romney is not a job creator, but a middle class destroyer.

These are the kind of issues that I've been trying to get President Obama to communicate to the American people to win the next election, but I only get a canned "thank you" for my emails. I keep telling President Obama that he's not going to out-raise money for the next election, and his only hope is to challenge everything Romney claims he will do, and challenge his lies and innuendos.

To no avail.