thack45

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:54 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Well, they didn't precisely "pick" Romney, the way I see it...

In fact the impression I was left with during and after that long, arid GOP primary season was not that they selected anyone, but that they were sort... of left with no one else but Romney.

This sentiment seems familiar to me... something about lesser of two evils and the vote for US presidency...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:12 pm
@thack45,
What I admire about the conservatives are their ability to rationalize anything that ends up supporting their party.

Where else can anyone find such devotion?
thack45

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
liberals of the same rank
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:37 pm
@thack45,
Provide examples, please.
thack45

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I admit I cannot. I'm not much in to keeping score. The sense I get is that immediately prior to a presidential election, many just end up saying, "ah, **** it."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you not notice the same intense, blindered behaviour from the left and the right?
thack45

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:56 pm
@ehBeth,
I had a dog and his name was...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I'd like to hear the reason for those "blindered behavior" of the liberals.

What I see in Willard is a habitual liar who lies upon his lies, and yet the conservatives continue to support this candidate.

I'd like to hear similar facts about the liberals.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
the reason? same on both sides

there's nothing new or surprising going on

it is occasionally surprising to me when people don't recognize it

~~~

there are people who will vote for Obama regardless of what he says or does

there are people who will vote for Romney regardless of what he says or does

~~~

looking at their positions (as vague as some of them are on both sides), they're barely distinguishable. slightly right of centre, and slightly more right of centre - there's hardly a feather between them
thack45

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:27 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'd like to hear similar facts about the liberals.

Is it implausible to imagine that some representatives of the party you support could be dirtbags?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:28 pm
@ehBeth,
You wrote,
Quote:
there are people who will vote for Obama regardless of what he says or does

What has Obama said that equates to what Romney has said?

Romney lies upon his lies. Where has Obama lied upon his lies?

Romney said he created 100,000 jobs at Bain. That's a lie if you understand how many jobs he actually destroyed. His performance in creating jobs as the governor of MA was 50th out of 50.

Please provide quotes by Obama that equates to those lies.

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How about I just go back and collect your own posts about your disappointments with Mr. Obama? have you forgotten them already?

There is no fundamental difference between the current Democratic and Republican parties - there are differences at the fringes of both, but not at the core.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:45 pm
@ehBeth,
I've had many disappointments with Obama, and even provided positives about his presidency. I know what I wrote; there's no need for you to cut and paste from my posts.

I'm asking you to provide what Obama has said that equates to what Romney has said. I've already provide the lies from Romney. Please provide lies from Obama that equates to Romney's lies.

Provide what you call the fringes of both parties with examples. Please.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Totally agree with ehBeth on this one. There's damned little difference between the two major parties in what they espouse or how they behave. If the Dems sometimes seem a tad less vicious than the GOP (and it's only a tad) it's because as current custodians of the White House and generally in charge, they are less desparate. If they were campaigning against a Republican incumbent they would be pulling every filthy trick that the GOP is capable of as well.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:10 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm still not getting my question answered. Generalities is not what I'm looking for here.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:11 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Totally agree with ehBeth on this one. There's damned little difference between the two major parties in what they espouse or how they behave.

This is ridiculous and false. This is the equivalence fallacy, the human desire to find each side equal in spite of the facts and evidence to the contrary.

Take a look at these important issues:
Democrats support same sex marriage, Republicans oppose it.
Democrats support immigration reform, Republicans oppose it.
Democrats support universal healthcare, Republicans oppose it.
Democrats support legislation to prevent hate crimes, Republicans oppose it.

In issue after issue there is a huge difference in what the two parties espouse. There are only a few important issues that are exceptions.

As far as behavior, there is a huge difference in the level of vitriol coming from each side and the prominence of the people it is coming from. There is no one on the left to compare to the crazy hate mongering conspiracy theories of Glen Beck or the late Andrew Brietbart. Then there is Michelle Bachman, Allen West etc. etc. We have a couple people on the left, Alan Grayson is about the most radical... but I would be happy to match quote for quote with any of the people I have mentioned.

There is no equivalence here, not in content and not in the craziness.
snood

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:17 pm
@maxdancona,
Thanks, Max. I hadn't the energy...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Thanks, max. Somebody finally understands what I was trying to get at.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 11:17 pm
re max:'
Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, Neil Boortz, Gungasnake, H2Oman
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:15 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Totally agree with ehBeth on this one. There's damned little difference between the two major parties in what they espouse or how they behave.

A bunch of bullshit.

Of course there isn't... Don't worry yourself too much about it. No one wants you to have to leave your happy place where the unicorns drink from the golden fountains and the rainbows light up the sky. It's safe there in fantasyland...