Yitzhak Shamir dead at 96

JTT

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:55 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
You are making false accusations about what I may or may not "relish." [/quote

Not at all, Foof. If you defended Hitler, people would be all over you. Reagan was a Hitler in short pants. To suggest that Reagan did good is to ignore all the war crimes, the terrorism, the rapes, the torture, the murders, the felonies.
thack45

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:26 pm
@JTT,
I've said it before. DO something. Appointing yourself town crier of all things "bad america" doesn't make you nearly as better than everyone else as you think it does.
JTT

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:58 pm
@thack45,
"all things, Thack!? Hell, I haven't even come near to close describing all the evil deeds of the US. There isn't enough time in one lifetime. Just think of all the bad stuff that the US still has hidden.

If you're so concerned about all the evil that the US has perpetrated upon the innocents of the world, what would you recommend be done?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 01:23 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
Too many times activism is really just reminiscent of Don Quijote, in my opinion.

People said similar things about the campaign to end apartheid in South Africa.
JTT

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 04:23 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
Too many times activism is really just reminiscent of Don Quijote, in my opinion.

Many people said that about the things done to end repression against Jews in the US. The same was said about the civil rights movement.
Foofie

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:38 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
You are making false accusations about what I may or may not "relish." [/quote

Not at all, Foof. If you defended Hitler, people would be all over you. Reagan was a Hitler in short pants. To suggest that Reagan did good is to ignore all the war crimes, the terrorism, the rapes, the torture, the murders, the felonies.
[/quote]

Hitler had an ideology that sorted humanity into superior and inferior, based on birth, I thought. Reagan did not have any such ideology. Add apples to apples, if you want to appear logical.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Quote:

People said similar things about the campaign to end apartheid in South Africa.

That can be taken to imply that Jewish Israelis are white South Africans. I
would guess some Yemenite Jewish Israelis would think that was a compliment.

However, South Africa had a Black majority. Israel is still a majority Jewish, and not European Jewish either. The canard that Israel is a bunch of European Jews that have colonized the land of Arabs is growing thin, since the majority of Jewish Israelis today are not European Jews. You should start thinking of Israelis as humanity's whale, since the whale supposedly once walked on land, and decided it wasn't so great, and went back to the sea. See the metaphor?

Foofie

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:52 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

Many people said that about the things done to end repression against Jews in the US. The same was said about the civil rights movement.

Learn your U.S. history. Jews were never repressed in the U.S. There was social prejudice, but that was standard for all ethnics that came to the U.S. Remind me to avoid Canada, if that is what you think.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:58 am
@Foofie,
No.
Foofie

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 10:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No.

You should ask someone what I am referring to. Or, maybe a kind poster will help explain. I thought I made myself quite clear?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 11:24 am
@Foofie,
I know what you're referring to, but it doesn't work.

In my opinion. (Happy now?)
Foofie

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 07:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I know what you're referring to, but it doesn't work.

In my opinion. (Happy now?)

Or, it does work, since at some point, beyond our lifespan, it will appear quite foolish to be obsessed with Jews that are not Europeans. Most of Israel will be very much like other Middle Easterners, and then it will be obvious that the only motivation would be to want all the sand for themselves, in my opinion.

In effect, Israel has learned that being a European is no great shakes. They sojourned there for two millenia, and just because they were not part of the original tribes, they were perennial outsiders that won them the distinction of being "expendable."

In my opinion, Britain and its citizens have made enough problems in the world to last a millenia. They should just be focussed on their own little bourgeoise existences. Oh yes, enjoy a bit of the occasional pomp and circumstance. Carry on.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:42 am
@Foofie,
I'm not obsessed with Jews. I'm concerned about a group of people who are being persecuted by a so-called liberal democracy. I felt the same about apartheid South Africa.
Foofie

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:30 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm not obsessed with Jews. I'm concerned about a group of people who are being persecuted by a so-called liberal democracy. I felt the same about apartheid South Africa.

You could have fooled me, since South Africa was apartheid between European whites and African Blacks. Israel is now over half non European Jews; likely to be closer to mostly non European Jews by the end of the century (due to the effect of the universal, men and women, draft). So, any antagonisms with a Zionist state will be like the antagonisms towards a Muslim state, since both states will have basically people of color.

The current concept of what constitutes a Jew goes back to the red-headed character in Dickens' novel. So, unless one is concerned about the "persecution" of Muslims in Moslem countries, it is hard to take your concerns seriously, without thinking it is just a short-sighted analysis of the actual situation, today, and going into the next century.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 02:50 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
The current concept of what constitutes a Jew goes back to the red-headed character in Dickens' novel. So, unless one is concerned about the "persecution" of Muslims in Moslem countries, it is hard to take your concerns seriously, without thinking it is just a short-sighted analysis of the actual situation, today, and going into the next century.

It's hard to take anything you say seriously. You're the one who is obsessed with crude racial stereotyping not me.

The situation in Israel is very similar to apartheid South Africa, although you seem to think that ratios of one ethnic group to the other make all the difference. Israel was far more successful in forcing people out of their homes, there are plenty of Palestinians in refugee camps in Jordan and other neighbouring countries. If you include the dispossessed your ratios tip the other way.

Btw, it's so typical of you to look at a red herring like ratios instead of looking at the similarities between Israel and apartheid SA. If you look at it objectively you'll find the similarities are considerable.
Foofie

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 09:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:

It's hard to take anything you say seriously. You're the one who is obsessed with crude racial stereotyping not me.

The situation in Israel is very similar to apartheid South Africa, although you seem to think that ratios of one ethnic group to the other make all the difference. Israel was far more successful in forcing people out of their homes, there are plenty of Palestinians in refugee camps in Jordan and other neighbouring countries. If you include the dispossessed your ratios tip the other way.

Btw, it's so typical of you to look at a red herring like ratios instead of looking at the similarities between Israel and apartheid SA. If you look at it objectively you'll find the similarities are considerable.

I don't understand your use of the term crude "racial stereotyping"? Jews are not a race. Palestineans are not a race. Brits are not a race. Humans are a race!

And, I do not accept your premise that SA and Israel have much in common, since the making of the SA apartheid society was from the inception. Israel's less than comforting treatment of the Palestineans evolved out of their use of suicide bombers/rockets, not having the modern military equipment that Arab armies used in the four unsuccessful wars against Israel. The analogy is just standard Palestinean propaganda, in my opinion.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 10:01 am
@Foofie,
You accused Walter of going on torchlit rallys because he's a German. On the thread about the London riots you made a snide comment about Henry Higgins. And you keep bringing up Fagin.

You're preoccupied with the use of crude racial stereotypes.
JTT

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 10:38 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
I don't understand your use of the term crude "racial stereotyping"? Jews are not a race. Palestineans are not a race. Brits are not a race. Humans are a race!

You might want to check the facts, Foofie, before you rush out and make a complete fool of yourself.

No, wait. Why change the essential nature of Foofie?

=================
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/race
race1

NOUN:

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.
Foofie

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 06:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You accused Walter of going on torchlit rallys because he's a German. On the thread about the London riots you made a snide comment about Henry Higgins. And you keep bringing up Fagin.

You're preoccupied with the use of crude racial stereotypes.

Germans are not a race, neither are Jews, neither are the British. Do you not understand that the term "racial stereotype" has to do with a diminishing concept of race? In the 19th century and before, and early 20th century were nationalities (once being tribes) interchangeable with the word race. By the latter half of the 20th century, the races were just caucasian, black, asian, and possibly some other group? However, many scientists today just subscribe to the human race.

I am not preoccupied with "crude racial stereotypes." I just do not pander to many people's "ethnic pride," since "Jew" has been an epithet used by many.

In my opinion, you grew up in a popular culture that does brainwash its citizens to believe that the Brits are "special," in my opinion. And, they are special, since they have a special knack for not minding their own business, and sticking their Anglo-Saxon (nee tribe) noses in other people's business. I believe it stems from a superiority complex, that is an atavism of a monarchy culture, Your Izzyship.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 06:46 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

You might want to check the facts, Foofie, before you rush out and make a complete fool of yourself.

No, wait. Why change the essential nature of Foofie?

=================
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/race
race1

NOUN:

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.

In the United States of America, "race" has been reserved for people whose ancestors came from a specific continent, not one country, such as Germany.

How did Germans become a race? If you get scientific, one can make an argument that in Germany, native Germans represent a "gene pool," but that is not a race. Neither are Irish, and I've heard that referred to as a race. There are under ten million Irish in Ireland. A race has more than ten million people, regardless if there are people of Irish descent elsewhere. It's a gene pool.

So many people are intermarrying today, in the New World, there are fewer and fewer individuals of one race. Meet our President.