Sign Of Peace: Queen Elizabeth Shakes Hand Of Former IRA Commander

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 03:25 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Re: wmwcjr (Post 5029233)
As a matter of fact, if you hadn't have posted, the odds are pretty good that nothing much would have happened. Izzytheputz used your post as a springboard to inferentially accuse me of prejudice against the English. He only had the opening because you provided it.

Now trot out your idiotic eating popcorn "gif" image.

My intention was not to provide izzy an opening to do anything. At that point I did feel sad about the two of you slugging it out. Also, the odds are pretty good that you and izzy will have another spat very soon in another thread. In fact, I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen. It seems inevitable to me. And when it does happen again, I will remember to stay clear of it and not try to be a peacemaker or have any involvement of any kind.

You seem to be bitter at me. I have no idea why you would be angry with me. I have never deliberately insulted you personally. We've even shared a few laughs together. No, in deference to you, I will not "trot out" the "idiotic eating popcorn 'gif' image." I will never use it again in your presence. On those few occasions when I did use it, I assumed that you, too, thought it was funny. I'm choosing to do this not because you're able to push me around (which would be mighty hard to do amongst all the dancing electrons), but because I want you to calm down. Furthermore, I shall avoid any involvement in future controversies you may have with other members.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 03:48 pm
@wmwcjr,
Don't be subservient, wmwc.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 03:58 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
At that point I did feel sad about the two of you slugging it out. Also, the odds are pretty good that you and izzy will have another spat very soon in another thread.

they must enjoy it. It's all I can figure.

Enthusiastic use of thumbs serves me well when they do it in a thread I'm otherwise appreciating.
wmwcjr

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you for the encouragement, ossobuco. Smile But I'm not being subservient. There's nothing important here to fight about, anyway.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 04:14 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Laughing Honestly, I'm at a loss for words here. As I recall, even Siskel and Ebert would sometimes get into intense arguments with each other.
Foofie

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 06:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:

And, if you take a moment to analyze, Britain may have won WWII, but Germany won the peace. That might say something about the respective people in each country?

Just to get things right: there hasn't been a peace treaty after WWII by any nation with Germany.

The treaty, which is regarded by most (and especially by Germans) as equivalent to a peace treaty, is the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany. That was was negotiated in 1990 between the two Germanies and the four allied powers which occupied Germany at the end of World War II in Europe: France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.

Vunderbar!
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 01:13 pm
My promises to Setanta, as stated above, stand; and I won't go back on my word. But I wish I had also said the following: Mister Setanta, I knew you were quite intelligent and well-informed; but I didnt know that you could read the minds of people who aren't even present in your country through the medium of dancing electrons on the Internet ... Bubba. Smile Twisted Evil Laughing Mr. Green Razz Wink
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 10:26 pm
@wmwcjr,
ehBeth wrote:
wmwcjr wrote:
Laughing Honestly, I'm at a loss for words here.
As I recall, even Siskel and Ebert would sometimes
get into intense arguments with each other.
Yes, Bill.
It is the purpose of arguments to shed lite,
whereas quarrels shed heat.

David
0 Replies