On line job applications

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:48 am
What do you think of paperless job apps?

Since I do not have a home computer capable of bringing in the internet, these on line job apps are a bit discriminatory.

Also, I've seen what my resume looks like after being sent through the internet! Unreadable!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,572 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:53 am
pom- I am sure that you can find an internet cafe, or public library that provides internet services. As far as the "look" of the resumes, if yours looks lousy (assuming that it has been typed neatly), so do all the others. So don't sweat it!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:57 am
Yes, gone are the days when the quality of your resume paper or the layout mattered, and time was spent choosing an interesting but legible font.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 12:15 pm
Phoenix,
I can not access most on line applications that eminate from the employer using the library, which I how I communicate via email. The librarians are aware of this and say there is nothing that can be done.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 03:07 am
Perhaps you could e-mail the info to a trusted friend to forward for you?
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 04:10 am
I have two resumes, one in word and on in notepad. Depending on the website determines which one I submit.

Online Job apps are a boon for people like me. I hate writing. I have to type. Not only is my writing atrocious, my hand craps after starting to write. So I like them.

But I can understand how you wouldn't. In fact, I would feel much the same way, I'm sure.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 01:38 pm
Sending a resume to friend is good in conception but my friends are people like me: either they do not have internet in the house or they work two to three small dollar jobs and have time only for their own families.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 04:52 pm
I've never seen a hard copy of the resume I used to get the job I'm in right now. The corporate recruiter emailed me the posting, I prepared a new resumed that night and emailed it to her. She forwarded it to the company recruiter, they called me for an interview. I had an interview. I was hired.

Barely anyone at my level, or above, uses hard copy anymore. Our company's recruiting is done almost exclusively on the net.
0 Replies