Kerry and Edwards: A valid Democratic Ticket?

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:46 pm
I've held back so far but now that the Wisconsin results are in, it looks like Kerry is the main thrust of the Dems. But for good measure could Edwards help carry the south for the Dems?

Things seem to be changing. What do you think of a contest with Kerry/Edwards vs. Bush/Cheney? Also, Bush seems to now be running as the "War" president, is this wise? (We are not technically at war, but technicalities have never stood in the way of this administration.) Kerry has some hurdles to over come but we can only look forward to both sides' spinning bees. Is this a great country or what?

JM
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,710 • Replies: 8
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:10 pm
I thought that Edwards was pretty much campaigning for veep.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:11 pm
What about Clark?

(I dunno yet, which I think would be better for veep.)
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 03:05 am
Graham-Fla.
Maybe a few other Southern states, as well
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 05:47 am
I heard an interesting comment by a newscaster a few days ago. The gist of it was the Edwards knew, practically from the beginning, that he did not have much of a chance to be nominated. But he wanted to get his name "out there", so as to set himself up for a run in a future election.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 07:49 am
A Kerry/Edwards ticket IMO presents the best chance against Bush and Cheney. The problem unfortunately is that religion rather than issues will be too great an influence in it's outcome. The fundamental Christians will vote for Bush based upon his and their religious beliefs not the issues that confront us as a nation.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:08 am
I don't think so.

They don't like each other as it is, and it's going to get a little more contentious from now to Super Tuesday, when John Edwards' appeal gets a real test.

I'm still thinking Clark at this point.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:30 am
I think Edwards makes more sense. Kerry has the military background, so Clark wouldn't add anything in that regard. On the other hand, if the feeling was that Kerry had to really punch up the security issue, Clark would be the logical guy.

Who knows, though, we could all be suprised at who's chosen. Who ever expected Cheney to get the nod?
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 03:09 pm
It is my understanding that Edwards has an e-mail democratic fund raising list that would choke an elephant (pardon the pun) and will most likely be chosen as a running mate.

There are no flies on John Kerry.

sg
0 Replies