anti-immigrant riot by right wing Israelis unreported

contrex

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 12:04 am
So that's all right then. American Exceptionalists are too dumb to read or find books about wars that aren't on a "USA! USA!" comic-book level, so it's not Foofie's fault, in fact it's "foreigners" fault for not understanding.
Foofie

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:24 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

So that's all right then. American Exceptionalists are too dumb to read or find books about wars that aren't on a "USA! USA!" comic-book level, so it's not Foofie's fault, in fact it's "foreigners" fault for not understanding.

You are upset that many books in the US focus on the "lead" role that the US may have had, since WWII, in international politics? Why should a US citizen attempt to find reading material that thinks otherwise? The books are for a US audience, not for an overseas audience oftentimes? I do not understand your point.

Since the sun set on the British Empire awhile ago, what is your concern?
contrex

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:40 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
The books are for a US audience, not for an overseas audience oftentimes? I do not understand your point.

Since the sun set on the British Empire awhile ago, what is your concern?

Books (and movies) that don't just "concentrate" on the USA's alleged "lead role" but in fact ignore the role of other nations and even rewrite history (U-571 for example) are not just locally focussed, they are actually peddling a lie, and a dangerous one, but given the way you choose to interpret my concern, I think you wouldn't understand that. In fact I see your posts as just trolling for attention. Since feeding trolls is stupid, I will prbably not reply to you any more.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:42 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Why should a US citizen attempt to find reading material that thinks otherwise?

Because it is better to become less ignorant.

Foofie

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 12:02 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Why should a US citizen attempt to find reading material that thinks otherwise?

Because it is better to become less ignorant.

In my opinion, you may be talking like some Jewish mothers, when a child asks why he/she should go to college.
0 Replies

hilbert

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 04:02 pm
@hilbert,
See what happened to me? I just posted a link to the story and was called antisenitic
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 04:19 pm
@hilbert,
Read the whole thread, a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek.
0 Replies