anti-immigrant riot by right wing Israelis unreported

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:20 pm
@wmwcjr,
I'm an inveterate thumber up for him when I see a zero.

I think I know who does it mainly and like him too. Well, we vary. I used to be very pro israeli so I get it. I see differently now. I think the thumbs down for disagreement are childish from either side of anything.

Me, I've been known to myself to post up well worded posts I disagree with. Not that often, but sometimes. So help me, I think I've posted up Finn more than once, even in disagreement.

I try not to post for agreement or disagreement but for the wit or savvy of the poster. I suppose accumulated stats would show those as people I agree with but.. not always.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Beneath this bluff exterior I'm very lovable. Thanks Ossy.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:31 pm
@izzythepush,
I knew that. You are a good person.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks. Here's a link my daughter sent me as a reward.

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/internet-memes-their-trust-it-is-mine.png
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:43 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't think I get the import of that (thick, I am). Russia, the bear..
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:35 pm
@ossobuco,
It just made me laugh. That's all that matters.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 07:17 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:
So, when I stated that the US was critical in winning WWII,

Nobody has disputed the fact that America's contribution was critical, but that's not what you said. You implied that the other nations contributed very little, and insulted the memory of our war dead.

The Soviet Union's contribution and those of British and Commonwealth forces were critical too. Not to mention all the resistance fighters in the occupied territories, and all those individuals from neutral nations who volunteered to fight the Nazis. Especially those who fought in the Royal Irish regiment.

Yes. Everyone was important. My point should now just be, in the way of a good retort, that the Commonwealth countries were really obligated to participate, but the US? Not really. But, the US did, and lost 500,000. So, that is a big sacrifice for no real dog in the hunt.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 07:20 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Foofie making more threads about WWII?
Rolling Eyes

I could enjoy a thread about the Korean Conflict. I believe the South Koreans are grateful for the US saving their country. Plus, the ingratitude of the Chinese, less than a decade after the US saved them from Japan, might be of a worthwhile discussion?

No Jews in that conflict, just Americans, and pro-democracy and anti-democracy Asians. Oh, my brother was in Korea though.
Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 07:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

As a passionate advocate of Palestinian rights I am regularly voted down by Israel apologists.

There is also one individual who votes down everything I post. Point in question.

http://able2know.org/topic/11222-1617#post-5021936

I don't worry about it. They're just jealous of my classy accent.

Ain't me. I rarely vote on anyone's post. The whole voting thing seems puerile, in my opinion.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:20 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
just Americans, and pro-democracy and anti-democracy Asians

My uncle was killed at the Imjin River. He was neither.
roger

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:27 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't. I frequently disagree, but only put the thumb on insulting replies and spam. There may have been a time or two when you qualified, but mostly we just disagree.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 03:39 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
No Jews in that conflict, just Americans, and pro-democracy and anti-democracy Asians. Oh, my brother was in Korea though.

More lies from the greatest revisionist since Stalin.

Quote:
The regiment saw heavy fighting in the Korean War. After their actions at Gloster Hill during the Battle of the Imjin River in 1951, following which the regiment was awarded the South Korean Distinguished Unit Citation and United States Distinguished Unit Citation, the regiment gained the nickname "The Glorious Glosters", for its heroic last stand against overwhelming Chinese forces

You really love insulting the war dead of America's allies don't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloucestershire_Regiment
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 03:41 am
@roger,
I'm not accusing anyone. I know who it is, and I'm not bothered. I don't agree with you on everything, but you've always been civil.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
More lies from the greatest revisionist since Stalin.

You really love insulting the war dead of America's allies don't you?

I mentioned to my sister about our uncle (my mother's elder brother) being killed in Korea and she recalled that the father of one of her schoolfriends was in the Royal Navy and served on board the cruiser HMS Jamaica, which was in action at the start of the Korean war. I did a bit of research and found that Jamaica was the first Allied warship to engage in combat in the war. As well as sinking a number of enemy ships, the Jamaica was attacked by a North Korean Yakoklev aircraft, which was shot down, the only time during the whole war that any Allied naval vessel downed a North Korean plane. While the plane was attacking, 6 British sailors were killed, among them Boy Sailor Ron Goodsall (below). I don't know how old he was exactly, but I do know that the grade of "Boy Sailor" applied to recruits from 15 to 17.

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/korea/Ron2.gif

I don't know if Foofie wrote that "only Americans and Asians" fought in the Korean war, knowing that it was false, out a trollish attention-seeking desire to start an argument, or whether he or she is so afflicted by a mixture of jingoism, ignorance and vainglorious pomposity that he or she doesn't care. Either way it is more proof, if any were needed, that he or she may safely be ignored.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 08:29 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:
just Americans, and pro-democracy and anti-democracy Asians

My uncle was killed at the Imjin River. He was neither.

The books about the Korean Conflict, that I've seen, do seem to gloss over the other nations that participated. The books focus on the role that the US had in the conflict. Perhaps, your family's loss gives credence to the Korean Conflict being called by historians The Forgotten War?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 03:02 am
@Foofie,
Maybe you should try reading books with some credibility. I'm amazed that you've actually read books on the Korean war and were still of the impression it was an America only conflict.

A lot of the time I think you're wilfully ignorant, that you don't want to know the truth, just inhabit a world where your own preconceptions are reinforced.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 03:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A lot of the time I think you're wilfully ignorant, that you don't want to know the truth, just inhabit a world where your own preconceptions are reinforced.

Pot....meet Kettle.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 03:17 am
@hawkeye10,
Oh **** off, you're one of the most delusional idiots I've ever come across. Foofie may be wilfully ignorant, you're just plain ignorant.
Foofie

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 06:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Oh **** off, you're one of the most delusional idiots I've ever come across. Foofie may be wilfully ignorant, you're just plain ignorant.

Thank you for the compliment.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 06:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Maybe you should try reading books with some credibility. I'm amazed that you've actually read books on the Korean war and were still of the impression it was an America only conflict.

The books I've read only focussed on what the US did. It focussed mainly on the US Marines and their battles. Many Americans are very proud of our Marines.

I do not understand what you mean by wilfully ignorant, since I only get books that are here in the US? I obviously do have my subjective view, since I believe in the concept of American Exceptionalism, which I would not expect you to subscribe to. I really could not conceptualize what Brits truly think of the US; however, conservative Americans have a view of their country which might not be understood by every foreigner?

0 Replies