anti-immigrant riot by right wing Israelis unreported

Ceili

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 12:05 pm
Not only don't i believe you, I have no idea what you are on about.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 12:33 pm
@contrex,
No it's 'cause he's thick.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 12:36 pm
@Foofie,
That's right talk bullshit about WW2, instead of bullshit about Palestine.

Still waiting for that apology, it's long overdue.
Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 10:25 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Not only don't i believe you, I have no idea what you are on about.

If Germany won WWII, probably all of Europe would not only be speaking German, but they would be under Nazi rule. So, when I pointed out that the US aid to Europe, during WWII, prevented Europe from speaking German today, was only a EUPHEMISM for the fact that a German speaking Europe would be a Nazi ruled Europe. Jews would be gone (no loss to many people; I understand that), and the less Nordic peoples would be relegated to a life of neo-serfdom.

Do you look upon the Nazis as just another political ideology amongst many? Many people do not.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's right talk bullshit about WW2, instead of bullshit about Palestine.

Still waiting for that apology, it's long overdue.

If you think you need an apology about Palestine from an American Jew, then, in my opinion, I consider that might be anti-Semitic thought , since an anti-Semite does not allow a Jew to be an equal citizen of a country, but must somehow be a virtual citizen of Israel and is responsible for all bad things that Jews do. In other words, Jews "collectively" killed Christ, not just the Sanhedrin and Pharisees. Jews also therefore "collectively" took advantage of the Weimar Republic's post WWI finances (possibly, according to WWII Nazis), and therefore poor Polish Jews needed to be exterminated too.

I apologize for nothing, nor need to, related to the goings on in Israel. Perhaps, as a Brit, one should apologize to the Palestineans for the Balfour Declaration, since that was the prime mover, so to speak, for the creation of a Zionist state.

And, when I say, the US prevented Europe from speaking German, it was in the way of a euphemism. Since, with the German language went Nazi rule and neo-serfdom for a good portion of Europe.

You seem to believe that you can assign concern about the Palestineans to all Jews? Only to Israelis. I only have US citizenship. Sorry, I am just an American Jew. Nor, am I Catholic, since Catholics are concerned about all of humanity. I just have no interest in the rest of the world.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:19 am
@Foofie,
You've got a memory like a goldfish haven't you?
Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You've got a memory like a goldfish haven't you?

Sorry, your comment above is too esoteric for my understanding.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 12:19 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

And, when I say, the US prevented Europe from speaking German, it was in the way of a euphemism. Since, with the German language went Nazi rule and neo-serfdom for a good portion of Europe.
That's more a dysphemism. Even in the 1930's there were six more countries besides Germany where German was the official language. And it still is after 1945 until today ...
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 12:50 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Same here.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:

That's more a dysphemism. Even in the 1930's there were six more countries besides Germany where German was the official language. And it still is after 1945 until today ...

My point was about the German language being adopted throughout Europe, if the Third Reich was victorious, and that would correlate to a neo-serfdom for those countries that were not deemed "Aryan."

So, when I stated that the US was critical in winning WWII, and all of Europe did not then have to adopt German as a language, it was used euphemistically to refer to the neo-serfdom, if the Allies lost the war. I also believe the Allies winning the war saved Germany from the Nazis.

But, the US is already supporting English and Spanish. Perhaps, in the future it will support some Asian language too? But, German? Nyet. That was given up by the quite large German-American community back in the early 20th century, based on the anti-German propaganda during WWI. NYC public schools had one page of German and one page of English prior to WWI, in some schools.

I think Germany just needs to let time pass, since today few people might be aware of the militarism of Sweden a few centuries ago. And, again in my own opinion, Slavs seem to have an identity that does not mesh well with the rest of Europe, if one considers Eastern Europe as Europe anyway? So, there might always be some sort of differing identity. Europe may never be one people?
Miller

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:50 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie:

Where did post 5,019,944 go to? Was it delete by someone?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 02:24 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
So, when I stated that the US was critical in winning WWII,

Nobody has disputed the fact that America's contribution was critical, but that's not what you said. You implied that the other nations contributed very little, and insulted the memory of our war dead.

The Soviet Union's contribution and those of British and Commonwealth forces were critical too. Not to mention all the resistance fighters in the occupied territories, and all those individuals from neutral nations who volunteered to fight the Nazis. Especially those who fought in the Royal Irish regiment.

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:44 pm
Foofie making more threads about WWII?
Rolling Eyes
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:46 pm
Back to thread subject....the anti-immigrant stuff is certainly being reported in the international version of the NYT.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:47 pm
@izzythepush,
How in the world could anyone thumb down this post of Izzy's? That is bizarre.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:55 pm
@ossobuco,
As a passionate advocate of Palestinian rights I am regularly voted down by Israel apologists.

There is also one individual who votes down everything I post. Point in question.

http://able2know.org/topic/11222-1617#post-5021936

I don't worry about it. They're just jealous of my classy accent.
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Izzy has several enemies. I've noticed many other such instances of a completely innocuous post being thumbed down simply because of who submitted it.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
It was more than the one person. Ah, well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:11 pm
@wmwcjr,
At least I'm being noticed. Wasn't it Oscar Wilde who said that what was worse than being talked about is not being talked about?

I'm not bothered mate. I'm comfortable in my own skin and I've got two beautiful children.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:12 pm
@izzythepush,
And thanks to you lovely people who've voted me back up again.
0 Replies