D. George W. Bush

3) "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen
heroes, and I see many of them in the audience here today."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

4) "What they'll say is, 'Well it costs too much money,' but you know
what? It would cost, about. It it it would cost about the same as what we would spend. It. Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us. (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We're going to. It. It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up, though.
I'm glad."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

5) "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings
and inefficiencies to our health care system."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

6) "I bowled a 129. It's like - it was like the Special Olympics, or something."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

7) "Of the many responsibilities granted to a president by our
Constitution, few are more serious or more consequential than selecting a Supreme Court justice. The members of our highest court are granted life tenure, often serving long after the presidents who appointed them. And they are charged with the vital task of applying principles put to paper more than 20 centuries ago to some of the most difficult questions of our time."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

8) "Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the
emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed, it costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early and they got some treatment, and a, a breathalyzer, or inhalator, not a breathalyzer. I haven't had much sleep in the last 48 hours."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

9) "It was interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not
that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush

10) "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
A. Barack Obama
B. Dan Quayle
C. Sarah Palin
D. George W. Bush
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,565 • Replies: 27
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 10:03 pm
If you will post where you got this quiz I will take it. Otherwise screw you.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:12 pm
@RABEL222,
I won't for your sake. You'll just fail it and embarass yourself.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
If W had said those things,
the liberals 'd have accused him of STUPIDITY.

I wonder who it cud beeeeeeeee
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Considering how very much Obama says in public and the fact that his every word is recorded, a certain number of gaffes are to be expected and his are no greater in number than any other national figure.

What I find funnier and more telling than the gaffes like "57 states," and " speaking Austrian," are the rambling, incoherent statement he makes when the telprompter isn't available.

Of course Democrats ignore his gaffes and pounce on everyone a Republican makes. It suits their narrative that Republicans are stupid, and the implied narrative that they, as well as their political leaders, are brilliant.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So this is something you made up yourself. More conservative B.S.?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:48 pm
@RABEL222,
You apparently are having a tougher time with this than I expected anyone would...even you.

Who cares who created the quiz?

For each question the answer is Obama.

If you don't believe he said these things, I can't make you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 05:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Kind of stupid; a public figure like Obama is going to get media coverage, but your's will not.

Let's start with GW Bush - then follow with Obama. Fair comparison.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Mine?

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

This reply of yours has proven, once again, that the liberals ( yes, I know you deny being a liberal) can't be bothered with reading the posts of people you categorize as being the enemy.

The thread doesn't attempt to suggest that Obama has had more gaffes than any other president.

What it does suggest is that the Left has an unbalanced focus on gaffes as respects Republican and Democrat presidents.

Be my guest, and line up all of the Bush gaffes in his first term. My bet is that there isn't more than a plus or minus swing of 10% between Bush and Obama.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Just the first term? LOL Who's rule is that? Yours? keeriste!

How about comparing GW Bush to all the presidents who served two terms? Fair enough for you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Just the first term? LOL Who's rule is that? Yours? keeriste!

How about comparing GW Bush to all the presidents who served two terms? Fair enough for you?

Good Lord you're a fool.

If you want to compare the number of Bush gaffes to the number of Obama gaffes then you have to limit Bush gaffes to a single term...unless of course you want to fix the comparison.

Fine, compare Bush to all the other presidents who served two terms, but be sure to draw the comparison between two-termers who played on the roughly the same playing field of modern media.

This should go without saying, but I've no doubt you are prepared to compare Bush gaffes to those of Democrat presidents of 50 or more years ago.

Try and stop being such a fool.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No; gaffes are gaffes whether it's over one year or 50 years.

Some people are gaffe-prone. I count one of them to be GW Bush, because he lacks English grammar skills.

Here's the "Top 10 Bushisms." http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/georgewbush/a/top10bushisms.htm
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh, OK CI

Your addled brain seems to think it is fair comparing the number of gaffes in an 8 year period to those in a period less than 4 years. I'm sure that, somehow, makes sense.

In any case, the issue presented herein is not that Obama is more prone to gaffes than any other president, but that Liberals who take it as an axiom that conservatives are stupid, deliberately ignore the gaffes of their favorites.

If you really want to prove your point then don't simply provide us with a link to a biased website that recounts Bush's gaffes, show us how the number of W's gaffes in his first term exceeded those of O's.

I dare you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
42. "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 12:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
42. "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things.
That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War
It hardly seems likely that W actually said that.
It seems more likely that Woodward was lying for his book.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 10:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You'd have to prove that. What you think doesn't matter; it's what you can prove.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 11:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You wrote,
Quote:
Your addled brain seems to think it is fair comparing the number of gaffes in an 8 year period to those in a period less than 4 years.

I was being rhetorical, but you'd miss that because of your "addled brain." However, the fact of the matter is that any age difference between any two presidents is irrelevant. Point made.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 11:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You'd have to prove that.
I don 't believe
that I have to prove
that W did NOT say something.
parados

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 11:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
My bet is that there isn't more than a plus or minus swing of 10% between Bush and Obama

How much are you willing to actually bet?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 11:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Then, your post is meaningless. Questioning what somebody wrote in a book is meaningless without proof; it becomes endless b.s. based on no criteria - like most of what you post on a2k.
0 Replies