People suck...

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:25 pm
You're absolutely right, ehBeth. And I'm not suggesting anybody out-and-out lie ... just that some situations call for a judicious disclosure of volunteered detail. Sorta "Don't tell if not asked". If it never comes up, its not a factor. Why start the ball rolling?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:30 pm
hmmmm, ceili posted that she's got 2 police reports already. is one for the car and one for the knapsack? if the insurers request the report for the car from the police, will they get the one for the knapsack as well? will the car one refer to the knapsack one? hmmmmmm.

trying to tighten the straps on my insurance gal helmet - but i'm getting tired.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:49 pm
Hell, don't look for trouble ... as already evidenced, it'll find you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:59 pm
it's my job, timber, or was.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:09 pm
Timber, I have no interest in soliciting anything but good vibes. Please, I am not interested in anyone sending me money. This thread was to vent at the injustice of having my car stolen. That's it, that's all.

My bag was stolen valentine eve, with all the id, cash, incidentals and apparently my car keys. I had forgot about the second set, they come in handy during the really cold weather.
Last night my car was stolen, it was locked.
I have two seperate police reports - one for the bag, the other for the car itself. I wasn't going to file the first with the insurance company, as the theft and deductable were fairly equal. But now the car and Danny's hockey equipement are gone. The sports stuff is at least $400 if not more to replace. Skates alone are over $100.
The insurance company was open on Saturday, but not today or yesterday. The emergency line has the same holiday message.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:18 pm
Timber; that was my bad. I hereby apologize to you and Ceili. Embarrassed
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:56 pm
No apology needed here, Bill. I'm glad you understand why I was concerned. We all know which road is paved with good intentions :wink:

Ceili, glad you're coping, and really glad we can help you with the coping, even if its just to comiserate with you. You've got every right to be pissed as hell. Ranting is good. Go for it.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 05:48 am
timberlandko wrote:
ehBeth, without going into more detail than is necessary, a bit of suitably stiff wire, a strip of thin spring stock, and the appropriate skills will defeat, without noticeable damage, just about any car door lock out there. Some are trickier than others, but door locks, car or otherwise, mostly serve to remind honest folks to remain honest. A determined, skilled badguy will find a way, believe me. So will a knowledgeable cop, towtruck driver, auto-dealer or rental car lot-flunky, or repossessor. Its all just part of the job.

I drive a wrecker. I can slim-jim a 1991 Accord in ~2 minutes. They aren't hard.
0 Replies