People suck...

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 01:07 pm
As some of you know, my car was broken into Valentines Evening. The assssh*le got my knapsack with wallet in tow. Apparently I had a set of keys in the bag too, because this morning, I realized MY CAR HAS BEEN STOLEN.
So these piece of sh!t, scum of the earth pricks, have the keys to my house, have taken my sons hockey equipements and my car.
I'm borke, just started a new job and now the bank account has been drained. I can't talk to my bank until tomorrow cause of Family Day. I can't afford to replace all my id, cards, locks, and other stuff the f*cker has taken any time soon. I hate thieves.

I'm pissed, I'm choked, I'm screwed. I'm ranting!!!

Insurance question...
If the keys were stolen one night, but the vehicle was locked the second night, will I be charged big time in premiums or is it still my fault they have the keys in the first place?
Can't ask my insurance company cause, they work bankers hours too, and today is a stupid provincial holiday only bankers, government employees and students seems to enjoy.
My car is a 1991 Honda accord. It's not new so it'll probably end up in a ditch somewhere. I'm not sure how much the black book price is but, if it's totalled or never found, I'm never going to find a decent replacement.

Sometimes, I doesn't help getting out of bed. I hope these pricks get what they are owed. I'm poking little dolls right now, I'm hoping my actions will result in them recieving sprained jhonsons..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,402 • Replies: 27
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 01:13 pm
Ceili
Wow sorry - my heart goes out to you. The Mrs had her purse stolen about 10 years ago, scared the living daylights out of us. These guys to sound like scum for sure. Usually an insurance company will have a 24 hour claims number.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 01:35 pm
Bad news, Ceili. Really bad news. I'm so sorry to hear this. Shocked, too. My image of Canada does not include this kind of crime. For Pete's sake, it is supposed to be idyllic there.

What worries me... they came back and got your car. They know where you live & have your keys? Could this be somebody who knows who you are or do you believe it really is just a casual theft? What are the police offering you or are they on holiday as well?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery of all that was taken that can be returned (other than peace of mind, etc.). I would like to think of some other sweet and meaningful platitude, but all I can envision that would be sweet is revenge.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 01:58 pm
(((((((Ceili))))))), How absolutely horrible. Shocked Tell me; do you have a Paypal account? If you tell me your email I can send a couple of bucks. It seems to me if my like-minded peers here on A2K and I all contribute a little, we can help a lot! What do you say guys?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:05 pm
Great idea Bill!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:24 pm
I'll toss in something. (I never pictured Bill as altruistic)

Ceili, you must be at the end of your rope. Make sure you change your locks immediately. I am wishing vile thoughts on the scumbags who have caused disruption on your peaceful existence.

In the end, you'll triumph and those bastards will be gang-raped by some gorilla-like creatures who find delight in such matters.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:29 pm
Husker, I tried that number, got the same 'holiday' message. grrrrrrr!

Bill, thanks but I won't be strapped for long. The police have put out a bulletin on the car. It'll either be found in pieces, in a wreck or hopefully intact (fingers crossed).
It's just, that it's all so unessesary. I am a fairly honest person. I can't imagine what I've done to get this nasty bit of Karma? I returned a purse I found earlier that day, intact - money and everything. What am I doing wrong???
Besides, I don't think you can open up an account without a credit card...it's gone too. Your offer is sweet and gratefully acknowledged though.

Does anyone know what I'll be dinged, insurance wise. Do I tell them about the first theft, how I inadverdantly left a door unlocked? Will it affect my premiums? Will I be spanked for my stupidity for the next couple of years? I now have two police reports. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to change the house locks, hopefully I'll miss out on a third report.

Piffka, sorrry to have shattered your Canadian Ideal. We have plenty of scum up here. Most of us are pretty good though, or bad....depending on the situation. :wink: We are just regular folks, I guess.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:34 pm
Ceili--

Hearts and flowers? Hah! Cobra venom and poison ivy!

If I could control Karma for Creeps, your enterprising burglar would be facing at least seven years of bad luck. Very. Bad. Luck.

Have you talked to the police? Does your insurance agent have a 24-hour claim number?

I'm not an expert, but since you were robbed, the protection that you are paying for should kick in (minus, of course, the hefty deductable).

The police should be able to give you a list of bonded locksmiths--and the cost may be covered by your auto insurance. Do you have Fire/Theft and Liability on your house/apartment? If not, I strongly suggest getting some--you should have 30 days to come up with the premium.

When you run out of adrenaline, feel free to borrow some of mine. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:35 pm
Oh Ceili, that's awful!

Remember, karma goes the other way, too... this may not be payment for something you did wrong, but the precursor to something REALLY REALLY GOOD happening.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:36 pm
Credit card is optional... you don't need it... Sign up here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?__track=_registration-run:p/gen/signup_initial:_registration-submit
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:36 pm
Ta, LittleK.

We can always hope Gus. I know I've got my fingers crossed.
I've thrown everything at least once and cursed a blue streak that would cause most pirates to blush. Now however, I am the paragon of calm now. If I catch the bugger though, he's toast. I got a mean left hook and can toss a headbutt like the best of English football hooligans.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:37 pm
Nice thought, Soz.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:56 pm
Ouch!!!!!

I don't know about the insurance.

What was your rating? I went over to a new insurance company with the highest rating, then got rear-ended, then the car was stolen - I still have the top rating, because they allow a claim without loss of rating - (the rear-ender did not count, because it was judged the other driver's fault 100%, and his company paid in full for my car.)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:58 pm
Oh Ceili, this is just awful. I am so very sorry to hear this and I truly wish there was something I could say or do to help.

((((Hugs))))
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:22 pm
Montana, you're all letting me rant. I think that's punishment enough. he he

Dlowan, I have no idea what my rating is, I was planning on having a discussion this week with my broker, I had even made the appointment. So I guess I'll see.

Gus, I agree - Soz, wouldn't it be nice if that were the truth. I'm due for a karmic whopper in soooo many ways.

Noddy, low adrenaline has never been my shortcoming, I have an Irish temper, it pumps the juice through my veins on a pretty regular basis. I have a good insurance policy, this doesn't scare me so much as a creep getting into my house, although as I have already mentioned, he'd better be armed 'cause I'd definatly do him some damage.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:32 pm
You give 'em hell cieli!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:00 pm
Ceili, I'd be glad to help out a little if you figure you need it. That's a bummer of a deal. Insurance-wise, you oughtta be OK, since the burglary of the purse from the car occasioned the subsequent theft of the car ... but I'd prolly not say anything about an unlocked door ... not to anybody. Anyhow, PM me if you'd like me to chip in.

Now the bad news ... c'mon, folks, even if its for "One of our own", the TERMS are pretty clear about no solicitations. I haven't "consulted with my co-workers" on this yet, and I won't bring it up, but I gotta say if it does come up, there's every likelyhood, and every justification, this thread will have to be pulled. That sucks, but thats the deal.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:06 pm
ceili - did you try calling your insurer? i've never worked for an insurance company that didn't have a 24 hour response line. In fact, they're not allowed to be closed 3 days in a row in Canada if they don't have other service coverage arranged.

Was the car locked when it was stolen - with the stolen key from when the knapsack was stolen from the unlocked car? In that case, you're probably ok about the car theft. You're going to have to come clean about the unlocked door in regard to the knapsack theft, because if the vehicle is recovered, they will check to see if the lock was jimmied to get in, in the first place.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:13 pm
ehBeth, without going into more detail than is necessary, a bit of suitably stiff wire, a strip of thin spring stock, and the appropriate skills will defeat, without noticeable damage, just about any car door lock out there. Some are trickier than others, but door locks, car or otherwise, mostly serve to remind honest folks to remain honest. A determined, skilled badguy will find a way, believe me. So will a knowledgeable cop, towtruck driver, auto-dealer or rental car lot-flunky, or repossessor. Its all just part of the job.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:19 pm
timber, as part of my job training, i've been taught how to use a jimmy, among other handy little tools. I know how easy it is to break into a car. My point is that the insurer will check the locks for any hint of damage if the car is found. If they determine (or even have the slightest suspicion) that the car was not broken into initially, ceili's claim will be handled on a 'red flag' basis. That's not something she wants, as it will delay payment of any amounts owing while they 'investigate'.
0 Replies