What does being a CEO of a business prepare one for becoming president of the US?

gungasnake

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 11:41 am
Quote:
What does being a CEO of a business prepare one for becoming president of the US?

It prepares a person for the whitehouse to a substantially greater extent than being a "community organizer(TM)" does. I'd assume that being a pimp or a whore would be better preparation than THAT unless you're talking about some totally Stalinist country or something, a pimp or a whore will have some clue as to how a free enterprise system works, a "community organizer(TM)" wouldn't.

One other thing I gotta say, I've lived in a couple of seriously fucked up communities and even those places had way too much pride to tolerate anybody claiming they might have needed a "community organizer(TM)". Bork Obunga would have got the **** beat out of him for his efforts.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 11:45 am
@hawkeye10,
Chryslers vans have generally been good with the exception of the 3.0 engine prior to around 2000 and there's no real reason not to like their small cars, Neon, Stratus, PT-Cruiser. In the case of the Neon you had to simply get used to the idea that it used oil more or less the way a 2-stroke would, but I've seen Neons with 150K miles on them which are still tight and run quite well.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 12:04 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
It prepares a person for the whitehouse to a substantially greater extent than being a "community organizer(TM)" does
Ive got a bridge from CApe May to Rehoboth that you certainly would buy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 12:05 pm
@gungasnake,
Why does Der Mitty totally forget to mention that he was a one term governor
rosborne979

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 12:57 pm
@farmerman,
Romney once shut down his entire company and used every resource at his disposal to help locate a missing child.

I don't know what he knows about being a president. But I have a suspicion that he's not such a bad guy at heart. And that's worth something.

There are multiple sources on this story (easily googled). Here's one of them:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jan/30/chain-email/viral-internet-story-says-mitt-romney-helped-locat
DrewDad

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:05 pm
@gungasnake,
How about four years experience of running the executive branch of the United States?

How's that stack up against being a governor, or running a business?
gungasnake

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:06 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Why does Der Mitty totally forget to mention that he was a one term governor

You've got some reason why anybody would WANT to be governor of Mass for more than one term??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:09 pm
@DrewDad,
The most major part of the job of president is commander and chief of our armed forces; Bork clearly had no experience which would have prepared him for that and has totally flopped in that area. In fact it appears that the military is mainly being run by Hillary Clinton and Leon Panetta.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:11 pm
@gungasnake,
And Romney has a bunch of military experience?

Really?

Lulz.

Any way you stack it, if you focus on "experience" then Romney's going to come up short. Republicans really should stick to things like "ideology" and "policies."

Of course, Mitt's only ideology is "get elected." Everything else is malleable.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:12 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The most major part of the job of president is commander and chief of our armed forces; Bork clearly had no experience which would have prepared him for that and has totally flopped in that area.
Youd like to believe that but facts get in your way.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 03:09 pm
@rosborne979,
Dosent this prove that being CEO of a big company isent very important as the company continued on after Romney shut down his portion of the operation.
0 Replies