How do you like living in a plutonomy?

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 07:06 pm
Like the title reads how do you like living in a plutonomy? Maybe you live in something different. The reason I ask is because I came across an old Citigroup report and they seem rather proud of their plutonomy.

http://canadianclimateaction.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/citigroup-oct-16-2005-plutonomy-report-part-1.pdf
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,341 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 07:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
All heil King Pluoto!!!
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10100000/Pluto-the-Royal-Dog-disney-10151123-804-592.jpg

0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 02:59 am
@reasoning logic,
As of now the world is a plutocracy. And I am not happy with that. Ruthlessness, selfishness and greed are qualities that get you money. Money gets you power, and those same qualities in people with power is very unfortunate.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 08:43 am
@Cyracuz,
Lots of luck with converting the voting public in the U.S. of A.. They dont seem to realize that the people they elect to office are millionares or will be at the end of their terms.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 09:12 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Lots of luck with converting the voting public in the U.S. of A.. They dont seem to realize that the people they elect to office are millionares or will be at the end of their terms.

I think that you are correct. It seems that we live in a world, where for a very long time we have had people in a position that were able to preach an ideology of division and the people at the bottom seem to think that it was in there best interest as well. Little did they know that they were flowing a sociopathic ideology.

We can all agree that there needs to be motivating forces but I think that there should be limits on how much influence that money and power can have on societies.
0 Replies