I still celebrate Mother’s Day

JTT

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:21 pm
@jcboy,
Morgan send my mother a nice box of candy for mothers day, it’s his mother as well.

I missed this one. Embarrassed
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 01:33 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Yes, I send he sents Wink
With all respect to Marco,
I think that she 'd be a better choice of pronoun than it.
I 'd also change the comma to a semi;colon, to avoid a run-on sentence.

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:14 am
Happy Mother's Day to all who have borne children and have had to bear them ever since.

A single day of recognition isn't enough but then you've all told us that many times before and yet we continue to insist on limiting it to the second Sunday in May.

Also cheers, on this special day, to all those out there who have earned "Mother" in a two word, more vulgar, sobriquet. You probably forgot to send your Mom a card.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 12:54 pm
@jcboy,
Your mother is stunning, jc.

My mother wasn't a Hallmark mom. She knew we loved her every day. As she (and we) aged and we found ourselves scattered in different places we'd all make the requisite phone calls, but they were just another in a long string of Sunday check-ins.

Sunday meant Sunday dinner in my family. She wasn't big on rules and regs, but Lord help the child who wasn't ready to sit at the table at 1:00 pm on Sunday to enjoy (?) her Sunday dinner. Mom wasn't the best cook on the planet, but Sunday dinner was important to her. I still make a large Sunday dinner in her honor, and will do so today.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 12:59 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I’ll have a moment of silence Sunday (Mother's Day) followed by the consumption of a Hershey with Almonds in memory of mom.

That was her favorite!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg259/scaled.php?server=259&filename=mothersday.jpg&res=landing

Your mother is very beautiful, Morgan

David
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:37 pm
Yes, your mom was indeed very beautiful, jcboy. How old was she when she succumbed to cancer?

jcboy

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 05:21 am
@CalamityJane,
Thank you, that was a wedding picture, she passed away 4 days before her 40th birthday.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 08:46 am
@jcboy,
Oh, I didn't realize how young she was when she passed. I am so sorry, jcboy, but here we're all your surrogate mothers to cheer you on.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 8 May, 2022 10:11 am
Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms, mine has been gone for many years now but never forgotten.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/w_4.jpg
0 Replies