The GOP Politics Of Racism

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 10:23 am
@CoastalRat,
Interesting enough, black voters in NC voted in favor of Amendment One, 2:1

Must have been those racist, bigoted black Republicans.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 10:53 am
@djjd62,
I could agree to that.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 12:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Interesting enough, black voters in NC voted in favor of Amendment One, 2:1

Must have been those racist, bigoted black Republicans.

No question blacks and latinos are historically anti gay marriage. that's why REPUBLICANS were able to disguise this legislation as an anti gay marriage amendment to get their votes. If your IQ is above room temperature and you actually know what the amendment's real purpose is ( it's to allow corporations to deny benefits to unmarried partners and their children, among other basic rights denials) then you know it's to save the GOP's Corporate masters more money.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 01:04 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I don't see how that could be an issue. Doesn't Obamacare protect them from such things?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 01:11 pm
@Baldimo,
If you're going to make such comments at least do some research so your opinions are informed

RABEL222

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 01:41 pm
@Baldimo,
There wont be any Obamacare after the S.C. gits done with the issue. Than they can start on social security in the name of population control.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 01:44 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
You actually got 4 up votes for so bigoted a response.

Quote:
If your IQ is above room temperature and you actually know what the amendment's real purpose is...

So the large majority of blacks in NC who voted for Amendment One have IQs below room temperature.

I love you guys, and you in particular.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 01:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
My opinion shouldn't matter, it was a question to your assertions that this is a way for corporations to deny health insurance coverage to same sex couples. My intelligence aside, you made the claim now back it up. Most corporations I have worked for and I have worked for a few of them have all offered insurance to same sex partners. It sounds like your looking for a boogie man in the shadows.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 04:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You actually got 4 up votes for so bigoted a response.

Quote:
If your IQ is above room temperature and you actually know what the amendment's real purpose is...

So the large majority of blacks in NC who voted for Amendment One have IQs below room temperature.

I love you guys, and you in particular.

Nice try Finn, I was speaking directly and about you. Well well. maybe your IQ isn't so high.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 04:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

My opinion shouldn't matter, it was a question to your assertions that this is a way for corporations to deny health insurance coverage to same sex couples. My intelligence aside, you made the claim now back it up. Most corporations I have worked for and I have worked for a few of them have all offered insurance to same sex partners. It sounds like your looking for a boogie man in the shadows.

this amendment makes it possible for them to no longer so so at their discretion Baldimo. By all means though you , Finn and anyone else who likes feel free to pretend you don't understand what I'm talking about. That's straight from the
GOP bible.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 04:41 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I love it when claims are made and the response is: "You know what I mean!". No I don't know what you mean. You made the claim so back it up, I'm not going to pretend to think I know what you mean. Come on BP you can do better then that.

Does Obamacare protect people from insurances companies dropping them or does it not protect them?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 08:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I love it when claims are made and the response is: "You know what I mean!". No I don't know what you mean. You made the claim so back it up, I'm not going to pretend to think I know what you mean. Come on BP you can do better then that.

Does Obamacare protect people from insurances companies dropping them or does it not protect them?

not in this case as I understand the amendment. one of the many reasons it will end up in court
Baldimo

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 07:26 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Here is the wording of the Amendment:

Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State. This section does not prohibit a private party from entering into contracts with another private party; nor does this section prohibit courts from adjudicating the rights of private parties pursuant to such contracts."

It says this does not prohibit a private party from entering into contacts with another private party. I would think this includes a contract between couples and their insurance company.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 07:43 am
@Baldimo,
I've read the amendment. It's vague and allows for denial of benefits for ALL Unmarried couples and their offspring. It says couples may enter into private contracts but gives employers the right to deny benefits. It's been used that way in other states already. In any case, this thread was about the Senator's wife and her gracious Southern antebellum lady of the manor remarks. Wink
0 Replies