Inbuilt webcam

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 06:12 am
Hello.

I'm having a bit of difficulty with a laptop problem and hope you may be able to assist. I've run into this problem before with various desktop/laptop computers but have always been able to get around it - but not this time. Any suggestions would be welcome.

The laptop is a HP Pavilion dv2000 Entertainment version and was running Vista. My friend brought it to me as it was running very badly and he wanted to upgrade to Win 7 anyway.

Specs are:
Win 7 Ult 32 bit
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5500 @ 1.66Ghz
2.00GB DDR2 @ 332Mhz (5-5-5-15)
Mobo: Wistron 30 CD (U2E1)
Intel(R)965 Express Family Chipset
156GB Fujitsu MHW 2160 BH
Conexant High Def Smart Audio HD2

First I saved all his important stuff to an external hdd and, more importantly, then saved the SwSet up folder which contains the Drivers for set up.

At this point, Win 7 Ultimate is now loaded and all the drivers - bar one. The Webcam (which is built into the laptop).

I have attempted to load a number of external webcam programs (Anytotal,Youcam,etc) with similar results. Each one says that there is no imaging device to be even found on the laptop despite the fact that it's an inbuilt camera. This occurs even with the original Vista Webcam driver loaded and showing in the Program list. There is also no imaging device to be found in the Device section of the Control Panel.

I have done quite a bit of googling for options without success and have also now found out that HP are NOT supplying any drivers for updating to Win 7 and their web page only supplies the drivers for XP and Vista.

This said, everything else works bar the webcam. The few drivers I was missing came up in Windows Update - but no webcam.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can get this inbuilt webcam up and running would be a great help.

I look forward to your reply,
Many Thanks,
George.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,242 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tofayelbd

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:35 am
You should use XP professional, then you can overcome your problem easily.
0 Replies