Please edit it

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:09 pm

As you may already have heard about the constant incidents happening in China where doctors were attacked, some even killed by angry patients. What do you think of such incidents (A young intern was brutally killed by a patient in Harbin just in last week and around 70% netizens in China are "happy" to hear about it based on an online survey)?

---------------------------------------
Less errors were there. I tried:

A young intern was brutally killed by a patient in Harbin last week and around 70% netizens in China were "happy" to hear about it - based on an online survey
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 601 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 12:14 pm
We have crazies in the US too! They kill abortion doctors. Their logic doesn't exist; kill one over the other.

I'm pretty sure pro-lifers rejoice at those killings too.
OmSigDAVID
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 02:03 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
As you may already have heard about the constant incidents happening in China where doctors were attacked, some even killed by angry patients. What do you think of such incidents (A young intern was brutally killed by a patient in Harbin just in last week and around 70% netizens in China are "happy" to hear about it based on an online survey)?

---------------------------------------
Less errors were there. I tried:

A young intern was brutally killed by a patient in Harbin last week and around 70% netizens in China were "happy" to hear about it - based on an online survey

I think that u have it OK, Oristar,
but I 'd use a comma instead of the dash
after "about it".

David
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 04:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

We have crazies in the US too! They kill abortion doctors. Their logic doesn't exist; kill one over the other.

I'm pretty sure pro-lifers rejoice at those killings too.

Please give me the links of these tragic accidents. The more, the better. A complete statistics of the killings is much appreciated.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 04:44 pm
@oristarA,
Here's a start.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

Here's one that's really scary.
Quote:
South Dakota Moves To Legalize Killing Abortion Providers
A bill under consideration in the Mount Rushmore State would make preventing harm to a fetus a "justifiable homicide" in many cases.
—By Kate Sheppard | Tue Feb. 15, 2011 4:00 AM PST

A new bill under consideration in South Dakota is an "invitation to murder abortion providers," critics say. | Flickr/brunosan (Creative Commons).
This article has been updated: Update 1 | Update 2 | Update 3.

A law under consideration in South Dakota would expand the definition of "justifiable homicide" to include killings that are intended to prevent harm to a fetus—a move that could make it legal to kill doctors who perform abortions. The Republican-backed legislation, House Bill 1171, has passed out of committee on a nine-to-three party-line vote, and is expected to face a floor vote in the state's GOP-dominated House of Representatives soon.
oristarA

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 07:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cool stuff.
No incident of murdering doctors in US or Canada or UK in recent years (2010 - 2012), I believe.
Thank you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 09:10 pm
@oristarA,
It's been awhile since I've heard of abortion doctor(s) getting killed, but it did happen - mostly in the southern states, and I never kept count.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

0 Replies