Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:05 am
I heard from JLNobody that he is having trouble keeping his computer connected online. He asked me to tell his Philosophy forum friends.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,858 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:45 am
ah, Osso. I may not be a philosophy friend of his, but I always enjoy his posts. As a small joke, tell him that his woes are the saddest songs played on the world's smallest violin. Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:48 am
p.s. One of the clues in the New York Times crossword puzzle was "nobody". I immediately thought of him, but J.L. just wouldn't fit.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:51 am
He should be saying:

"I'll be Bach!"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:55 am
Very Happy. Not bad, Frank, for someone who painted the town red and forgot to go to bed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:18 am
Frank, an aside, the Boston folks are wondering if Gautam is going there - it's on the Something in the Air is coming your way thread...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:52 am
Here's wishin' jl a speedy return.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:20 pm
osso, tell JLN that we miss him too, or at least we would if we were deluded enough to think that we actually had ego/selves that could be considered separate from his or that unity could be divided by the illusion of a broken computer connection. :wink:
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:48 pm
Honestly, I read the subject line as: "JL, nobody misses you." I thought: hmm, that's rather rude. I guess I need to put on my readin' spectacles.

Oh, and best wishes to JLN's computer and hopes for a speedy recovery.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:43 pm
Howling I am at Terry's reply. I am, aren't I? I do think, therefore....
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 04:48 pm
truth
Nobody's bach. Thanks Osso for conveying my regrets. And Terry. HORRAY! at last you understand.
I've been getting disconnected from my two servers (one from each of two towns), but today I have been able to stay on line for some mysterious reason. But if I suddenly stop answering comments, you'll know why. I still have to give my response to Terry's very interesting questions about how come everyone in the world sees themselves as separate objects among other objects. I said long ago that dualism is a prerequiste for the functioning of societies. Now I add that it is necessary for human biological survival. We must be able to see the world as full of (separate) objects which we pursue and obtain for nutrition and security. In order to have the proper orientation for manipulating the goods of the world for survival we must perceive ourselves as objects that need protection, aggrandizement, support from other human and canine objects. In other words, dualism is a sine qua non of survival. Piaget's studies of children demonstrate how the sense of separation is "learned" and how it often comes about AFTER we learn to grasp for and fight others for things. But the major point here is that even though the illusions of dualism serves important functions, that does not mean that such illusions are "true." Who says that truth is more essential than illusions? Most of our life consists of illusions. Myths of all sorts make our lives more worth while, through the arts and religion than might be the case if we steadfastedly confined ourselves to scientifically validated images of life. The mystically oriented person sees through many of the "truths" spawned by dualism and yet behaves with others as if they were not illusions. I write this with the knowledge that at any moment I may be disconnected from my server. So I'll "submit" this to you now, with a prayer.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 04:54 pm
truth
YES!!!!!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:56 pm
truth
My but I'm slow. It seems that only my e-mail operations are defective, that I can access A2K directly by means of its internet website and stay on. But I cannot respond to my A2K updates via e-mail. I've got to get repairs done.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 06:45 pm
Maybe you could post a question on the forum help forum about this, JLN.

(and it's nice to see you around)
0 Replies